(COMPANY NAME) are recruiting for an Industrial Safety Manager to be based at the EDF Hinkley Point B, Bridgwater, TA5 1UD. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week for one of our most prestigious and sought-after contracts.
On offer is a competitive industry salary and high-quality benefits package.
Site Variations may apply to the core hours (i.e 08:00-16:00 or 08:30-16:30)
As a valued member of the (COMPANY NAME) station leadership team, the Safety Manager will play a critical role in developing and driving positive safety change across their Station team.
The Industrial Safety Manager will work closely with the Industrial Safety Director and the Site Leadership Team to contribute to the development of a plan and strategy to improve safety performance and manage high potential risks related to the site. They will implement this scheme in promotion of the (COMPANY NAME) EDF Industrial Safety model so that physical and emotional wellbeing is our most critical priority and, under their responsibility, operate to the highest standards of health and safety management.
The Industrial Safety manager is vital for the delivery of the BU SAFETY strategy and, through engagement at all levels, to ensure continuous improvement, world class performance and the development of a positive SAFETY culture.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
* Develop, refine and promote the (COMPANY NAME)/EDF Industrial Safety model on their station
* Work collaboratively with EDF and their other supply partners to develop and support a unitary safety model
* Support incident investigations, ensuring sites are supported in the prompt closure of all actions related to these incidents
* Be a subject matter expert in key areas of Safety compliance for the contract, owning the procedure and associated documents for the area of expertise and enabling the operations team to have embedded SME's
* Support and challenge the (COMPANY NAME) Operations team to optimise their safety processes and behaviours.
* Drive a culture of proactive safety leadership so that every member of the team can be confident that they are heard and feel empowered to challenge and change unsafe behaviour and processes
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent with a plan to obtain Diploma level
* Related work experience, including application of health and safety principles and practice in a waste/recycling, engineering, construction, industrial or logistics environment.
* Working knowledge of UK and EU safety and environmental regulations
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, (COMPANY NAME) have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly ) and we are making sizable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at (COMPANY NAME).
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
(COMPANY NAME) do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the (COMPANY NAME) Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to (COMPANY NAME) Managers