Forward Delivery Operator - up to 12 month maternity cover
RAF Valley, Holyhead
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Forward Delivery Operator.
You'll be responsible to the Supply Manager and his/her Managers / Supervisors for the efficient and timely completion of forward delivery activities within your area of responsibility in accordance with extant Directives, Publications and Instructions. You will be providing logistical support to the Station's operational output whilst ensuring we are compliant with policies and processes.
* Maintain training & security clearance currency and undertake training as appropriate in accordance with Station and Babcock requirements.
* Deliver Government Funded items (GFX) to all areas of the unit.
* Collection of properly documented GFX items from all areas of the unit destined for the Supply Section or Repair Bay
* Collection of properly documented equipment for despatch through the Despatch Section within the Technical Support Section (TSS).
* Exchange the Repairable Management Section (RMS) pallet daily by 0900hrs.
It is expected for staff to remain flexible to meet the task by working in or supporting various Supply sections. Some parts of Supply require specialist training or experience essential to the task, detail of this can be found in the individual Certificates of Approval (COA) and will be specific to the role.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need a current Full Driving Licence, Counterbalance Forklift Licence and DBS Security clearance.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xx-xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxx/xx/xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxx.xxf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 23/11