About (COMPANY NAME)
At (COMPANY NAME), diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 196 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, (COMPANY NAME) offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
(COMPANY NAME) Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of (COMPANY NAME)'s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. Our in-vitro Diagnostic Assay manufacturing site in Dundee has an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join the Technical Operations team.
What You'll do
As a Production Supervisor you will lead the team of Production Scientists. You will be responsible for safely ensuring the on-time delivery of product which conforms to current best practices and Quality standards, and will be aligned to the expectations set by the Operations Master Schedule and Standard Cost budgets. More specifically:
* Providing safe and effective leadership to the Production Teams to maximise productivity, engagement, and satisfaction and promoting a culture of accountability, responsibility, and ownership
* Collaborating with the Production Lead peer group to plan and manage the local Technical Operations production schedules
* Oversight and management of rare reagent, intermediate and bulk reagent production
* Proactively co-ordinating production planning with all Operations (Assembly, Logistics), Quality Control, and Product Quality Assurance functions to maintain the supply chain according to demand requirements and supply commitments
* keep costs under-control and identify opportunities for improvements/efficiencies
* Making effective use of all available reports, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics
* Initiate and lead relevant, timely, and effective improvement efforts in all aspects of cost, quality, and delivery performance.
Required Qualifications and Skills
* Degree in Life Sciences area
* Previous experience in Healthcare manufacturing environment would be highly appreciated
* A detailed knowledge of production process control procedures and best practices
* Ability to apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques
* An appreciation for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) costs and how to influence them.
* An understanding of Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) and Change Control principles with the ability to process records within the respective databases/systems
* An ability to employ state-of-the-art Root Cause Analysis (RCA) tools, including A3/DMAIC.
* The capability to contribute to and perform Risk Assessments, Risk Management/Control exercises, and Failure Mode Effect Analyses (FMEA)
* An understanding of Process Validation principles and procedures with the ability to execute.
As you'd expect from a global healthcare company, (COMPANY NAME) has health, wellbeing and financial benefits that help provide security for you and your family. We offer a fantastic range of benefits including competitive salaries, a superb defined contribution pension scheme, share ownership scheme, life assurance and much more.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
CMI ARDx Cardiometabolic and Informatics
United Kingdom > Dundee : 17 Luna Place
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
|Posted on:||19 Mar 2023|