SummaryInnovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking a Senior Sustainability Manager to lead the sustainability team at Alexander McQueen working. The role will be based in our central London office, managing a team of two and directly reporting to the Director of Strategic Projects & Transformation.
Working in a small team, you would have the opportunity to drive the sustainability agenda within the house and responsible for representing the brand at a Kering Group level. Kering have embarked on an ambitious journey to craft sustainable luxury and as Sustainability Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape this through three key pillars: environmental, social and innovation. You will be required to effectively influence, lead projects and manage change at a pivotal time of growth for the house. This will require an agile and innovative mind, with excellent people and project management skills.
How you will contribute
Strategy, reporting and stakeholder management:
* [Work closely with the Director of Strategic Projects on the reinforcement of the sustainability strategy of the brand, taking into account the Kering objectives and the unique attributes of the brand]
* The advancement and implementation of the Sustainability strategy transversally across all aspects of the business (environmental, social and innovation).
* Oversee and manage all environmental reporting requirements, including the annual environmental
report and the Environmental Profit and Loss account, providing to the Kering Group in a timely manner
* Participate and contribute to multi-stakeholder projects developed within the Kering Group
* Report to the Group's Sustainability department on achievements and progress against targets
* Lead and manage a small team, working to embed sustainable initiatives across the business
* Identify engagement opportunities to drive the implementation of best practice and continuous improvement across the business
* Support opportunities to communicate standards and guidelines with suppliers and external partners as well as raise awareness of sustainability ambitions, both internally and externally
* Manage the House's ethical trading program in collaboration with the Kering internal auditing team.
* Identify and develop projects that will support the implementation of best practises in the supply chain
* Work closely with the store planning department to support the implementation of certification programs across the store network
* Provide advice on sourcing of sustainable materials with design, merchandising and development teams
* Identify opportunities for the application of new innovations that will support the advancement of our sustainability strategy
Who you are
* Extensive experience working within the sustainability field, ideally gained within a fashion, FMCG or related organisation
* Strategic thinker - with proven experience of developing innovative sustainability strategies; whilst adopting a hands-on approach, as part of a close knit-team, to ensure execution and ongoing adoption
* Excellent communication skills, with a high level of emotional intelligence to effectively present and influence all levels of the business
* Analytically minded, confident in demonstrating the ROI of sustainability initiatives
* Strong project management skills, able to multi-task when working under pressure
* Resilient and always demonstrating an infectious passion for your field
* Degree in a related discipline (including but not limited to Sustainability, CSR or Fashion enterprise)
* Italian/ French speaking a distinct advantage
Why work with us
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic Sustainability team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.