Location: Reading, United Kingdom
(COMPANY NAME) people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At (COMPANY NAME) UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
System Integration Authority
Marshall was initiated by the Ministry of Defence of the United Kingdom in 2005 to identify and evaluate options for the future delivery of their military terminal Air Traffic Management (ATM) capability, which ensures that all flights are safely and efficiently managed and sequenced for take-off and landing. ATM for the "en-route" flight phase is provided under a separate contract with NATS.
The Marshall Asset Provision Supplier (MAPS) is a combined (COMPANY NAME) and NATS team that provides the assets required by Aquila to deliver the ATM services to the MoD. As part of expanding the System Integration capability MAPS require a System Integration Authority to forecast and coordinate the overall Asset Delivery Integration, Validation, Verification and Qualification (IVVQ) activities in cooperation with (COMPANY NAME) and NATS forces.
This is a management role within the combined (COMPANY NAME) and Nats Marshall Asset Provision team (MAPS). This role has a significant level of stakeholder management. The complexity of this stakeholder group is a key aspect for this role to deliver outcomes (Internal (COMPANY NAME), Internal Nats, External MoD Delivery Team and End User).
Key to the role is also a responsibility for ensuring that the communication on key IVVQ issues with all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external is effective and that the IVVQ team is resourced in line with business planning requirements, maintaining a good balance of people and skills mix to achieve quality and schedule in short and medium term.
The scope will cover the IVVQ of all (COMPANY NAME) and NATS sourced assets within the total contract value of c. £320m
The System Integration Authority reports directly to the MAPS Programme Director.
* Coordinate IVVQ activities and resources in cooperation with (COMPANY NAME) and Nats,
* Deliver the IVVQ plan of the project with the support of (COMPANY NAME) and Nats,
* Planning, estimating and resourcing of IVVQ tasks with the support of (COMPANY NAME) and Nats,
* Manage and produce IVVQ documents and artefacts with the support of (COMPANY NAME) and Nats.
* Identify and implement IVVQ process improvements.
* Support the integration of supplier assets to deliver the end to end system,
* Deal with both internal and client relationships to develop strong working relations, whilst retaining the ability to effectively influence and challenge where required.
* Communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels. Due to the size and complexity of the projects the jobholder is required to interface with many individuals that are at senior management levels and to communicate both verbally and in writing across all disciplines.
Skills - essential
* Clear communicator who is comfortable dealing with multiple cultures across different time zones.
* A leader capable to create a strong team spirit between different actors
* A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills,
* Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners and suppliers
* Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills,
* Confident in the delivery of the full engineering lifecycle,
* Inclusive and innovative individual who can think freely and independently.
Experience - essential
* Strong Air Traffic Management system knowledge is essential with experience gained from within a complex systems background,
* Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation.
* Extensive client and stakeholder management.
* Knowledgeable in the intricacies of platform integrations.
* Astute in dealing with complex supply chains and multi-vendor engineering programmes.
In line with (COMPANY NAME)' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now