Software Project Management for North-American led software development for Electric Power Steering projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Create and maintain project plans and schedules to successfully manage all software development activities
* Main customer interface for all software related topics
* Interface with platform group in Germany for updates on the latest developments
* Plan and coordinate development activities in different locations and regions
* Work in close cooperation with the Technical Project Leader to meet all customer needs and milestones
* Main point of contact internally and externally to track software issues and ensure timely and effective problem resolution
* Lead technical clarifications to implement customer requirements and introduce changes
* Prepare and reach approval for software releases and quality gates
* Interact with the production plant during development and help resolve issues
* Ensure conformity to the development process
* Report project status to management
* Support assessments and audits to verify applicable quality and safety standards
* BSEE/BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
* 4+ experience in automotive embedded development
* 2+ experience in project management or leadership role
* Working knowledge of software development processes, and one or more of the standards such as : Automotive SPICE, CMMI
* Experience working in a safety critical systems environment preferred (e.g. ISO2xxx2)
* Hands-on usage of Project Management and Work Item Tracking tools preferred
* Very good English written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational competence and social skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to enable and motivate project teams
* Aptitude to multitask in a dynamic work place
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
(COMPANY NAME) is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.