Job Type: Permanent
Contract Duration: Permanent
Purpose of the Role: to assemble and disassemble the Paddock Brand Centre as well as providing technical support for the Brand Centre's hydraulic and electrical systems.
You'll be liaising with the relevant service providers in relation to those systems both during and off the F1 racing season. You'll also be maintaining the equipment during the European Grand Prix season (and selected marketing/promotional events as they may occur), and refurbishment during the off season at the Paddock Brand Centre's UK base in Maidenhead.
You'll need to have a good knowledge of the installation, as well as an ability to encompass other associated duties as required by the Company from time to time, so a multi-skilled engineering workshop background would be ideal.
You'll need to be flexible and able to adapt to time away from home and extensive travel, as well as unconventional hours.
You will be based in Maidenhead during the 'off season', however, from time to time you may be required to perform other tasks in accordance with your skills. These may be roles within other departments in the business.
About the Role:
* Long periods away from base during the European F1 season
* Varied range of tasks and jobs will be necessary once the primary role has been completed
* This role will involve working outside in all weather conditions an unconventional hours
* To be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Brand Centre's hydraulic and electrical systems
* As part of a team, to safely build and disassemble the Paddock Brand Centre and maintain its function at every European Grand Prix, marketing/promotional event & the off-season maintenance program
* To ensure the appearance of the Paddock Brand Centre is maintained at all times to the highest standards
* Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the chauffeuring of VIP guests/Partners, Directors and other key team personnel
* Working to instruction in respect of guest marshalling duties for marketing activities based at the Paddock Brand Centre
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Have a 50/50 mechanical/electrical bias
* Strong mechanical and electrical fault-finding skills
* Experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, electric motors & CANBUS systems
* A knowledge of PLC systems, including interrogation and fault finding
* Experience of delivering quality under extremely tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities
* Ability to contribute to component fault diagnosis and repair
* Works to a high standard of finish
* A full UK driving licence is required
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Training will be provided as necessary on other aspects of the role.
* An apprenticeship background is ideal!
* Mechanical ONC or equivalent
* Electrical ONC, HNC or equivalent
* Flexibility and willingness to change duties/roles at short notice
* Willingness to work externally to high standards in all weather conditions
* Self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work within a small team
* Ability to improvise, work to tight deadlines, maintaining a high level of workmanship (and attention to detail) whilst working under pressure
* General workshop skills an advantage.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills