(COMPANY NAME) is changing renting. We're on a mission to become the global renting brand, making renting a home as easy as booking a hotel - without the typical rigmarole that most renters face.
We're a young, well-funded startup, two and a half years in. We've over a hundred amazing homes in the heart of London and have just launched in New York. Now, we're looking for a talented User Experience / UX Designer to join our Product & Engineering team here in Manchester city centre to help us shape and take our resident experience to the next level.
What you get…
* Amazing opportunity. Make a real difference to the future of renting.
* Variety of work. Across resident-facing applications, operations and branding, with a healthy mix of meaningful features, vision pieces and incremental improvements.
* Incredible team. Get to work with our bright bunch of product people and engineers, plus seasoned experts in property, commercials, operations and marketing.
* Perfect size. We're off to a great start and we're still small enough where your ideas really influence our everyday customer experience.
* Practical practices. We're modern and agile with just enough process to keep things fresh and interesting. We can take the time to think or go from vague concept to live code all in the same day. All the good stuff of daily standups, weekly show & tells, monthly spike days and retrospectives etc.
* High standards for a startup. Competitive salary, contributory pension, low-bureaucracy environment, 25 days holiday + bank holidays every year, company equity, flexible hours and days from home if that's your thing.
What we need…
* 2 years+ professional experiencedesigning user experiences for digital products.
* Voice of the end-user. Bring research and empathy to our everyday conversations.
* Understand the system. You work in flows and solve problems end to end, always with an eye to the whole experience.
* Practical and hands-on. You know how to get things done. When to sketch, prototype, visualise or when just a few words with the right person adds the most value and keeps us moving.
* Eye for detail. You understand the basics, spot those tiny details and appreciate how the small things add up.
* Curiosity. Genuinely driven to make things better for people. Maybe you even have other creative superpowers like copywriting, motion, front-end, illustration?
* Close collaboration. We work with a variety of people and skill-sets across engineering, operations, commercials and marketing.
Working with us…
Our hiring process is simple. We arrange a twenty minute phone/video call where we chat about the role, business and what you're looking for. Next, we invite you to a half day in our office where we'll chat some more, give you an opportunity to learn all about the company and show you what it's like to be in the team. After that, we make you an offer.
To apply, click the button below and please include a brief note telling us about yourself along with your CV and portfolio. We'll get back to you within a week or so.
We're passionate about building a diverse team. We support local events and initiatives to bring more people into technology and strive to create a welcoming and supportive environment. We look forward to meeting you regardless of your race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We are open to applicants from any national origin, provided they are eligible to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £2x,xxx.x0 to £3x,xxx.x0 /year
* UX Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
* Work from home