We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in customer-facing content writing. You'll be joining a high-performing team of writers who support Bxxxxxx.xxm with large volumes of content - at speed, at scale and at high quality. You should be comfortable proofreading and editing, and have experience working alongside editors to critique and polish your own copy.
As a Content Writer, you'll be responsible for creating high volumes of destination and travel-related content to feature on Bxxxxxx.xxm's website and app. You'll support Bxxxxxx.xxm's goal to continuously improve the quality and performance of its existing content and participate in peer proofreading, internal reviews and our quality check processes. You'll work independently and cross-functionally with colleagues based in different offices to continuously move projects forward and contribute towards ambitious quarterly goals.
This role is ideal for someone who is comfortable with writing high volumes of content to tight deadlines, editing and proofreading while balancing quality of output with quantity, and adhering to stakeholder briefs and brand style guidelines. Ever pragmatic, you'll write content to add business value, balanced with your own creative flair to inspire audiences globally.
In a proofreading capacity, you will be responsible for ensuring consistency across large volumes of scaled content produced by our in-house writers, as well as a growing network of freelance writers. You will also be responsible for delivering on KPIs relating to quality. You should have experience of working for a large brand and maintain extremely high standards of content writing.
This role requires an individual with a strong content background and industry knowledge. You should show an ability to build relationships, identify and tackle quality issues at team level, and focus on delivering the best possible service to stakeholders across Bxxxxxx.xxm.
You should have experience of working for a large brand and maintain extremely high standards of content writing. You'll be writing for a diverse, worldwide audience from all different walks of life, so the ability to write responsibly and inclusively is a must. Industry knowledge and a genuine passion for travel are welcome qualities.
* Produce high-quality content at scale and with flair.
* Produce mainly B2C content in line with detailed briefs, adhering to the Bxxxxxx.xxm brand tone of voice and style guide.
* Collaborate with stakeholders regarding projects and briefs.
* Manage several projects at once, flex between briefs, styles and tones of voice.
* Respond positively and constructively to feedback from editors, peers and stakeholders.
* Assist with proofreading and editing high volumes of content at speed, while still retaining the writer's/brand's voice.
* Work with a global team of writers to ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
* Ensure all writing produced by the team is consistent with in-house style.
* Own, develop and report on the quality control process for the team's content.
* Advise Content Coordinator on new project briefs.
* Own your copy through research of reliable sources
* Give feedback on specific projects to individual freelance writers, Team Lead or Content Coordinator.
* Fulfill high-volume content requests for travel destinations.
* Write on-brand content, switch between styles and formats to suit an array of audiences and online platforms.
* Proofread peers' work and conduct quality reviews.
* Report on progress and deliverables weekly.
* A strong background (minimum of 2-3 years) in professional content writing, editing and proofreading, preferably within an e-commerce and B2C environment.
* Experience of working at scale in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work with tools and data to inform copy approach.
* Proven ability to work well under pressure, and be capable of adapting and responding to changing situations.
* Degree educated in a relevant field.
* Faultless written English, with impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation.
* A meticulous approach, with a focus on accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
* Proactive, able to work independently and prioritise effectively.
* Able to maintain quality across high volumes of work with tight deadlines.
* A confident and tactful communicator who builds strong relationships with writers and stakeholders.
* Positive, adaptable and unflappable in the face of changing processes, tasks and tools