Position: Global Digital Insights Analyst - Skin Cleansing
Area of Focus: Marketing
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At (COMPANY NAME) we were leading the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in Radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres (PDC) - delivering powerful ground-breaking insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers.
We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data and so much more. This will allow incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our goals in the Sep'16 of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with real passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be ground-breaking within our business.
What you'll be doing
The Global Digital Insights Analyst will join our Global Beauty & Personal Care PDC team looking after our Skin Cleansing business, which includes brands like Dove, Radox, Lux or Lifebuoy. You will get to be part of a team capturing and analysing a wide range of data to help inform marketing, brand and business strategies. Whilst ensuring that your internal briefs are translated into the ongoing analytical projects and responsible for ensuring the analysis is relevant for the specific brand and market. Being comfortable using a vast array of analytical tools to help with the analysis and be familiar with digital data such as social & search, right through to traditional business data.
The individual will be responsible for providing quantitative and qualitative analysis & insight on projects, whilst working alongside specialist analyst colleagues where required. As such the person would be comfortable working on their own analytics projects whilst also being able to liaise with specialist experts on larger, more complex briefs. There will be work to be done with partners based in London but also in US, Singapore and India so you will also need to be comfortable in working with remote teams.
* Working closely with the PDC Insights Manager to translate internal briefs into analytical projects (include refining the initial brief and asking the 'right questions', working through potential hypotheses and storyboarding the output)
* Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as insights to inform business strategy, marketing and brand strategies, digital marketing content and strategy, communications and new product development
* Conduct analysis using in-house analytics tools, and be comfortable analysing a range of social and business data
* Crafting and testing basic queries on in-house social and search data tools
* Building and maintaining dashboards for internal customers using internal visualisation tools
* Synthesising data and analysis into impactful, action-orientated reports for the Skin Cleansing teams
* Able to communicate your key findings and insight to senior partners and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation styles
* Monitor progress of deliverables and actively partner with analysts where required on complex briefs
* Dedicatedly flags any workloads issues or problems to the PDC Insight Manager and sees opportunities for new services based on demand
You will work with
* Global Skin Cleansing team - becoming the go to expert
* Help coach and inspire other analyst whilst having no people management responsibilities but will share work to other analysts when needed
* Your fellow Analysts to share insights and strive for an equal quality of output is being achieved
* Ensure that briefs are completed by the analytical pool to a high standard and in a way that answers the creative requests
Your skills and background
* Success in an analytical role providing insight and recommendation based on analysis
* Knowledge in using analytical tools, including social analytics / NLP tools and website analytics tools
* Skills in SEO
* Deep understanding in social media and influencers campaigns
* Background in "storytelling" in a corporate context, and crafting clear, compelling messaging
* Commercial acumen in understanding business questions and writing appropriate briefs
* Real passion for the digital world and its implications for business
* Able to understand Data modelling
* Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
* Phenomenal for you to have German and/or Portuguese language skills
Passionate about this role at (COMPANY NAME)?
To create a sustainable future and maintain long-term growth, there is a need to develop new skills, new ways of doing business, and new types of leadership - all of which we believe can be found in a valued, diverse and gender-balanced workforce.
We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at (COMPANY NAME) means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference