Assistant Brand Manager, MARTINI
Marketing - Communication - PR
About the role
As a Global Assistant Brand Manager you will be accountable for assisting in the delivery of Brand performance targets, and driving value creation for our Company. You will working within the Global Brand team in consumer facing Brand management activities. You will be responsible for assisting in the execution of all consumer programs and assets to drive effective, local activation on your brand.
You will support the Global Marketing Manager with multiple projects as input to the Clusters and as a response to the Brand's strategic needs and "Jobs to be Done" each year as part of the annual Integrated Activity Planning (I) process;
You will support the A&P budget management and respond to the A&P budget phasing and reporting for your brand, as assigned by the Global Marketing Manager/Director;
You will lead and manage your own projects as part of the defined IAP, ensuring executional excellence;
You will manage market, consumer and competitive analysis to improve understanding of market needs;
You will work with Insights to ensure we measure and evaluate the performance of all Brand activities to optimise them as well as our A&P spend;
You will support to deliver best-in-class sell in decks to enable local teams execute the Brand Plans with consistency.
This role may require some travelling in order to connect with Local Teams or production facilities as well as domestic travelling to meet with agencies and third parties.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
* Partner with your Global Marketing Manager, Local Markets and different support functions in the development of Global projects that respond to the Global Strategy and Local Market needs, to grow the business and brand effectively in the Long Term.
* Ensure maximum quality in project delivery as well as meeting deadlines that respond to the Local Market commercial needs and calendar.
* Develop plans in collaboration with support functions and Local Teams to guarantee an optimal execution of different strategic projects in markets.
* Monitor the execution of plans and activities and identify best practices that can be shared and reaplied across markets to reinforce our Global Brand performance.
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
* Partner with your Consumer Insights to build deep understanding of the target consumer and shopper for your Brand in order to tailor Global Brand activities effectively
* Actively consult on the situation assessment for the Brand, partnering with Consumer Insights to develop Global consumer, shopper and customer learnings on triggers and barriers to Brand growth
Integrated brand communication
* Assist markets in the execution and implementation of all consumer-facing elements of the Global brand plan
* Help to ensure that all brand content programmes and partnerships developed, are activated and commercialized effectively in the different markets, including execution of PR, digital and experiential programmes and partnering with Regional Customer Marketing on trade programmes as required
* Ensure that all local brand assets developed adhere to Global Brand guidelines and local social responsibility policies and regulations and always follow the Bacardi Marketing Way best practice
Business performance management
* Assist in delivery of Brand performance targets (revenue, profitability, share, equity) as agreed with the Global Marketing Manager
* Work with Insights to ensure measurement & evaluation (M&E) plan in place on all brand activities in markets
* Actively monitor Brand KPIs and provide guidance on corrective action to achieve agreed objectives
Creating a winning team
* Actively support effective matrix working across Global Brand, Function and Local Markets
Measures of success
Achieve Brand financial and commercial targets (revenue, profitability, share)
Drive improved Brand health (e.g. awareness, penetration, engagement)
Deliver on measures of social currency for Martini Global (e.g. social media buzz)
Ensure local market adherence to global brand visual identity at all times
Ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place on over 80% of Brand activity
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
* Brand management experience in progressive roles
* Experience multiple specialty areas: digital, innovation, promotions, events, media, etc.
* Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
* Degree and/or professional Marketing qualifications
* Fluent command in English and in the Cluster spoken language
The following experiences are preferred:
* Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage
* Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
Please review the Marketing Capability Framework for specific information on the functional experiences required for this role.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
* Comprehension of competitive market for brand and Category and how to use available data to develop initiatives to grow the brand
* Remains abreast of legal regulations in the industry for the Cluster
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world