Purchasing Group Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Day to day supervision of the purchasing department to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
* Implement, monitor, and report on relevant key performance indicators to demonstrate improvements for (COMPANY NAME) and to monitor the performance of each team member.
* Coach, train and develop purchasing specialists within the group.
* Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure service levels provided to (COMPANY NAME) Business Units meet expectations.
* Proactively address both internal and external customer concerns.
* Research, develop and implement improved procurement procedures with documentation and training.
* Work creatively to resolve issues, overcome obstacles, and meet department goals.
* Training new associates on (COMPANY NAME) NSC Purchasing processes
* Researches, communicates, and resolves invoice issues with Accounts Payable and other department users.
* Assists with invoice, receipt and purchase order reconciliations.
* Assists with procurement system catalog maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
* Strong leadership qualities and the ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of buyers and support personnel.
* Systems knowledge including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Procurement systems aptitude and experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Detail oriented and able to multi-task. Time management skills with the ability to prioritize as necessary
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED and a college diploma or university degree in the field of MIS, Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
* 1-5 years' professional-level purchasing experience.
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Demonstrated track record of motivation and success
* Prior experience in Laboratory setting or Bio/Life Sciences preferred
* Background in Operations or Supply Chain Management is a plus
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PA are encouraged to apply.
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
(COMPANY NAME) is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
|Posted on:||23 Feb 2021|