* Job Title: Shift Chemist
* Job Type: Permanent
* Hours: 45 hours per week on a shift basis
* Job Location: Middlesbrough
* Salary: You will receive a salary of ú24,487 plus ú2,500 shift allowance, plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, contributory stakeholder pension scheme and life cover.
As a Shift Chemist you will be responsible for performing sampling and analysis to recognised international methods and local documented procedures. You will be required to deliver consistently high standards of analytical performance whilst ensuring the laboratory meets ISO 1xxx5 requirements.
* All testing work and reporting to be carried out as instructed by Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner and in line with the requirements of the laboratory standard ISO 1xxx5.
* Perform calibrations and maintain equipment as instructed by Supervisor/ Manager in order to ensure that reported results are accurate and delivered on time in line with customer requirements.
* Demonstrate compliance to all test methods, procedures and quality systems as there are essential criteria for UKAS accreditation and (COMPANY NAME) Laboratory practices, e.g. perform routine SQC analysis where required plot the data and apply the run rules, ensuring any failure of a run rule is recorded, investigated and the appropriate action taken
* Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
* Resolution of client queries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
* To work in a flexible manner / shift pattern so that resources are aligned to workload, thus meeting customers needs for 24hr 365 day service whilst still maintaining a long term viable and competitive business for (COMPANY NAME).
To be successful in this role, you'll have experience of Oil Gas and Chemicals industry related analysis encompassing a broad spectrum of methods and analysis including all routine standard testing performed.
You'll also have good knowledge of chemistry, international analytical standards, operational procedures analytical equipment and methods such as IP, ASTM.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate;
* Proficiency in use of word, excel and LIMS (Cclas) systems
* Ability to work and plan work with minimal supervision, often for extended periods.
* A thorough understanding of the significance of the tests conducted, and the importance of providing a high level of customer service.
* Previous experience of working in a testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
* Experience of working within a UKAS laboratory
* Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, grades (A to C) as a minimum.
* HNC / GCSE or equivalent in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
* HND / A Level in chemistry
* Full driving Licence or equivalent
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
Videos To Watch
|Posted on:||14 Sep 2021|