Job Title: Bioinformatician/Genomics Scientist
Salary: Competitive, with bonus, Healthcare, Pension
Location: Colworth Science Park, Sharnbrook, Beds UK
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Job
The (COMPANY NAME) R&D Strategic Science Group is recruiting a Bioinformatician/Genomics Scientist to work with biologists to generate NGS and other omics data, and apply bioinformatics and systems biology analysis tools to obtain meaningful interpretation and results. Candidates with hands-on NGS library prep experience, who has bioinformatics skills in analysing transcriptomics and other omics data and keen to develop further bioinformatics skills, are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will work alongside biology teams at the biology/modelling interface, with experimental skills in designing omics experiments and ability to provide technical support for data generation. Collaborative, adaptable, organised and be able to build innovative methods for analysing emerging omics platforms and technologies, and translate complex results into clear insights for communication to stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* Maintain genomics equipment in good working order, and provide training to users to ensure correct and safe working
* Ensure data generated meet the quality required for the purpose and for reuse in the future, and are stored securely and made accessible as required. Ensure associated metadata is captured appropriately
* Design and execute NGS, microarray, high throughput qPCR and other omics experiments in collaboration with internal and external customers.
* Work with biology teams to analyse and implement systems biology analysis methods across a range of data types to create biological in-silico networks for biological insights.
* Develop novel strategies to integrate and analyse multi-omics and other types of data for discovery of biomarkers and new targets.
* Work with others in the team to implement data analysis pipelines with user-friendly interface suitable for biologists to process, analyse, and interpret data.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
* Bioinformatics skills, with strong statistical and analytical background. Systems biology modelling skills would be an advantage
* Analysis of -omics and other large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools, and have experience of open source, big-data technology. Ability to ingest, manipulate, clean and transform large unstructured datasets would be an advantage.
* Familiarity with current genomic technologies, especially hands-on experience in NGS. Experience in microarray and other multiplex platforms a plus.
* Programming/scripting skills, particularly at least one of the following: R, Python and SQL. Familiarity with statistical modelling, data mining algorithms, cloud-scale data processing, high-performance computing, web technologies or Machine Learning/AI would be an advantage
* MSc/PhD (or equivalent experience) in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, or related field, with a good understanding of biological and bioinformatics techniques.
Standards of Leadership:
Bias for Action
Building Talent and Teams
Consumer and Customer Focus
Accountability & Responsibility
(COMPANY NAME) is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at (COMPANY NAME) means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
For further information about this position please call: 0xxx xxxxxx0. Please do not contact this number if you are an agency/third party. This number is strictly for candidates only