Reuters, the news and media division of (COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Rxxxxxx.xxm. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the (COMPANY NAME) Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
The Reuters News Agency Junior Sales Executive role is responsible for licensing Reuters' news and services to the news industry. Our customers are print and digital publishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services.
The Inside Sales Executive will be responsible for a small book of existing subscription based accounts and will be expected to prospect and close a large volume of new business with new clients as well as retain and grow the assigned base in the emerging client (Inside sales) area of the business. Based from our London office the role will be focused on dealing with German language businesses.
* Office based and outbound contact focused, the role is intended to maximise and grow all new prospects for the business. This role is part of a global team newly created to increase the agency business, focused on recurring subscriptions and single asset purchases.
* Managing and growing revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
* Developing and executing account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
* Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets as agreed with the Inside Sales Manager.
* Develop new business by carrying out an aggressive agreed number of outbound contacts using phone and e-mail and cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
* Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
* Develop a consistent pipeline of opportunities, by managing the account's decision-making process to ensure revenues are achieved
* Provide sales performance data and information to support management decision-making
* Provide accurate and timely account pipeline reports, account plan updates and sales forecasts through the use of SalesForce
* Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities
* Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters Media account team and relevant cross functional departments
* Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the preparation of quotes, formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments
* May provide customer product training as necessary
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Must be fluent in English and German, other languages on top of these will be an advantage.
* Extensive experience in a position with sales responsibility.
* Demonstrable outbound sales success, must be able to work with leads provided internally as well as being able to identify and source external leads, must be tenacious and entrepreneurial and mix high outbound volume with high quality.
* Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility.
* Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* A thorough understanding of SalesForce CRM.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
* Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
* Knowledge of and experience working with the ad hoc picture licensing market and/or subscription based models.
* A track record of creating and closing business of various levels of complexity (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
* Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
* Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* BSc/BA or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with broadcasters, publishers, online aggregators and/or wireless providers in UK and Ireland.
* Demonstrated track record of success in sales and exposure to content licensing is desirable.
* Deep knowledge of competitor landscape.
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 17th April at 11.59pm UK Time.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At (COMPANY NAME), we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about (COMPANY NAME) can be found on txxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm.
Req #: JREQ1xxxx0
Locations: London-United Kingdom Job Function: Sales