Who are we ?
Brand: Jewson - Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk Job Title: Tool Hire Supervisor
Please see below for a technical job description for the above role. This vacancy will be updated in due course with the appropriate advert.
The position is only open to internal applicants of Saint Gobain. Please note that any applications made by people outside of Saint Gobain will not be considered at this stage.
To generate profitable Tool Hire business by building relationships with customers both face to face and via the telephone to achieve maximum sales, while ensuring effective and efficient running of Tool Hire.
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
* Ensure profitable customer relationships are built and maintained, including complaint resolution, ensuring customer sales and orders are processed and own hire is delivered efficiently
* Ensure targets are achieved and exceeded, e.g. sales, margin, live accounts, branch/Tool Hire PBIT
* Actively seek new business and maintain knowledge of local markets and competition
* Ensure safety of self, colleagues and customers at all times by keeping up to date with all Tool Hire H&S regulations and Company procedures
* Ensure all equipment ready for hire is adequately maintained and meets the necessary standards ( e.g. H&S certification)
* Complete Tool Hire reports and administration duties on a daily basis
* Monitor and manage stock levels, and make recommendations for stock purchases in accordance with local needs
* Ensure any information with regard to missing / damaged products is escalated as appropriate
* Manage Tool Hire colleagues within the branch, including performance management, development, product and Health and Safety knowledge, etc
* Assist with branch trade events, price negotiations, promotion of Tool Hire and proactive sales calls within the local area as required
* Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
* Develop and maintain professional working relationships with Jewson branch collagues, assisting with other branch duties as necessary
* Participate in stock take duties/PPIs as required
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures (HR, Health & Safety, Business Controls, etc)
* Any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
* Supervisory experience is prefered
* Knowledge/experience of working within the hire industry is a strong advantage
* Specialist product knowledge in relation to hire equipment is desirable
* Must be sales orientated
* Commercial awareness and a good level of numeracy is required
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Full, clean driving license (c1e and be) is desirable
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health & Safety regulations is desirable
* Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of providing excellent customer service
* Qualifications relating to the Tool Hire/building industry are preferable but not essential
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate