Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. ((COMPANY NAME)) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, (COMPANY NAME) has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of (COMPANY NAME)'s global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mxxxxxxx.xxm.
The rates team operates on a global platform with trading desks in London, New York and Tokyo. Our clients include corporates, institutional asset managers, leveraged funds, pension funds, and central banks.
We offer clients high-quality market information and unique ideas, using the latest quantitative and analytical tools. We have extensive expertise in multi-currency trading across a range of interest rate and cash products, including:
* Swaps: vanilla interest rate swaps, currency swaps, basis swaps, and structured/amortising swaps in G10 and other minor currencies
* Bonds: we provide a host of services within cash bond trading in government, agency, supranational and sovereign debt
* Options: swaptions, caps, floors and one-time callables
* Repo: buy/sell back, securities lending, financing solutions, tri-party/bilateral loans
Mortgage-backed securities: launched in February 2016 in the Americas the business continues to expand to offer products to Asian clients
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Your desk business mandate is to develop a sustainable, client focused, flow oriented, secondary Rates business, in partnership with Sales, Trading and Research with a primary focus on EMEA.
You will contribute to this mandate with regard to the following:
Franchise Development (where applicable)
* Deliver and grow a sustainable, client-focussed, flow-oriented, primary and secondary business.
* Maximise profitability from leveraging and enhancing the Group's customer franchise.
* Work in partnership with Sales, Trading and Research in MUS International to deliver products that meet the needs of our clients.
* Co-work with the relevant teams in other Group entities to advance the business globally.
* In all activities, protect and enhance the firm's, and the Group's, reputation.
* Working in partnership with other parts of the Group to deliver franchise and business growth.
Client Development (where applicable)
* Expand the size and diversity of the client-base.
* Proactively create trade ideas and new business proposals which meet our client's needs.
* Anticipate and meet enquiries (both electronic and voice) from our clients with competitive pricing and appropriately structured solutions.
* Clearly explain the risks and rewards of our products to our clients, and provide our clients with all the information they need to make an informed judgement about transactions.
* Promote product placement across a wide range of client types (including Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Hedge Funds and Private Banks worldwide).
* Promote and implement electronic trading capabilities as required by the trading desks.
* Promote appropriate cross-market sales opportunities, including providing the Trading and Capital Markets groups with insight into customer flow and potential product demand.
* Support client development by sending daily and weekly desk commentary
Risk Management (where applicable)
* Price accurately all new transactions and all risk positions including through the use and continued development of market leading pricing and hedging methodologies.
* Manage all relevant risks (including, but not limited to, market, credit, operational, conduct and xVA risks) within the firm's risk appetite including through the use and continued development of market-leading risk management models and monitoring tools.
* React to client enquiries in a risk-sensitive manner, ensuring proposed solutions are appropriate for the client and meet the requirements of best execution.
* Conduct business in line with regulatory requirements (including Volcker, EMIR and MIFID)
* Support desk with trade bookings, pnl slips and risk issues
* Previous experience of working in rates trading
* Ability to work under pressure, whilst still being able to produce neat, accurate work and communicate clearly and effectively with others.
* Be a strong team player that can demonstrate excellent attention to detail, whilst moving from task to task without the loss of accuracy.
* Reliable, enthusiastic and driven to improve business practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Good communicator, Numerical, Risk management skills, Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
Functional / Technical Competencies:
* Essential: Knowledge of the financial market and instruments, experience working in client facing environment
Education / Qualifications:
* Essential: University level degree or equivalent qualifications
* Preferred: Master degree
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to correspond with clients and other stakeholders effectively
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Proficiency in Excel is a must, preferably with ability to code
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Energetic, target oriented, proactive with a drive to learn and succeed
* Resilient, able to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
* Results driven, with a strong sense of integrity and accountability
* Strong numerical skills. Good intuition around figures and complex concepts
* Creativity, Critical thinking
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity's performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law
|Posted on:||05 May 2021|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|