Business Improvement Specialist
Location:GBR - Bristol, UK
Job Description Summary:Instructs others in continuous improvement tools and principles. Develops and updates instructional materials. Mentors future instructors and less experienced practitioners. Works with internal or external customers. Leads and facilitates complex process improvement efforts. Identifies risks and opportunities for improvement. Creates enhancements to existing improvement tools. Supports the development and deployment of new tools. Supports business acquisition. Participates in the evaluation process.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At (COMPANY NAME), we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
(COMPANY NAME)'s continued success and growth in UK and Ireland is built on the philosophy of World Class Productivity and Quality the company approach to Continuous Improvement. This exciting role will combine facilitation, coaching, training employees, maintaining records and project support. Joining a successful Business Improvement Team this position will support a range of improvement / change initiatives supporting both Defence and Commercial Programmes which will also include collaborating with customers and suppliers as and when is appropriate.
As an appropriately experienced and qualified Business Improvement Specialist in Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies you will apply your expertise and influence to enable a range of initiatives and projects to deliver business benefits in safety, quality, time and cost. Expertise in facilitating workshops, conducting independent assessments and investigations, providing support to quality and process improvement initiatives will be a core responsibility, as will the ability to coach, train and up-skill employees in the application of Lean Six Sigma and agile methodologies.
* Providing subject matter expertise in Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies
* Developing and maintaining training records and best practice materials
* Providing training, coaching and mentoring in accordance with company standards to up-skill employees across multiple teams and disciplines
* Assisting employee teams including suppliers to develop metrics that support process improvements in safety, quality, time and cost
* Project support. producing reports, recording and presenting updates, and outcomes of improvement initiatives and related activities
* Working closely with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver opportunities for improvements.
* Conducting Lean Maturity and High Performance Work Team Assessments
* Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills with the ability influence cross functional teams and build long lasting professional relationships
* Financial and commercial awareness to support the development of Business Cases
* Training, coaching and mentoring skills to develop and up-skill employees
* Experienced facilitator from 1 Day Kaizen events to 5 Day detailed process improvement events
* Experienced in a range of methods and tools that include Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Value Stream Mapping and Problem Solving.
* Experienced with Microsoft Office applications that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
* Creating and analysing data using industry leading practices that include DMAIC, graphical visualisation and translation of data into actionable information
* Education & Experience:
* The ideal candidate will have significant experience of facilitation and implementing Lean Six Sigma, Agile and Continuous Improvement in a range of industries that includes Aerospace and Security. Previous experience working in Aircraft Maintenance, Information Services and Software Development would be advantageous.
* Your experience will enable you to demonstrate a track record of continued success where you have delivered tangible Business benefits through deploying Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies. You will also demonstrate examples where you have worked closely with customers and suppliers, built relationships and through those relationships delivered productivity, cost and quality improvements.
* You will have an appropriate academic education that underpins your working experiences. Qualifications in Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies will be expected. A relevant degree would be advantageous.
Location: Bristol with up to 50% travel (domestic and international)
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. (COMPANY NAME) WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of (COMPANY NAME) U.S. based payroll. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:DACJI4 (D78)