Principal Cyber Security Consultant
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit an experienced Cyber Security Consultant to support our various projects within the nuclear industry. Cavendish Nuclear has a wide range of established customers across both defence and civil nuclear sectors and are well experienced in providing security consultation to established, high-risk facilities.
As a Principal Cyber Security Consultant, you will work closely with our clients to ensure they have a robust security management plan in place, advising on potential risks and consulting on best practise and improvement programmes. This is a true consultant role; you will be an expert in your area and have the gravitas to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
You will need to have extensive experience in a senior security management role, ideally in a nuclear environment and have the knowledge to advise on complex security projects. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* Preparing and agreeing Security Case strategy including producing, verifying and approving analyses reports and documentation.
* Co-ordinating production of the security submission including all specialist security input as well as supporting submissions through the various review and approval stages.
* Producing, verifying, and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then verifying/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met.
* Experience with bid reviews, designs and strategies including producing estimates.
* Ability to grow and nurture customer relationships, identifying opportunities for development and representing the discipline to customers, regulatory and external bodies.
* Providing input to development of processes and procedures that are pragmatic, proportionate, scalable and widely applicable.
* Direct and relevant experience in Security Risk Management processes and methodologies.
* Bachelor Honours Degree or equivalent in a IT or Cyber Security related discipline
* Ideally a member of relevant professional body
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance, which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are open to working location with an understanding that the consultant would need to visit clients and internal sites on a as required basis.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear brings together much of the UK's rich nuclear heritage to create one of the largest specialist nuclear services organisations, at home and abroad. Our heritage dates back to the earliest days of nuclear research and development.
Cavendish Nuclear is licensed to operate thirteen nuclear sites in the UK, we are strategic partners to EDF Energy on the lifetime extensions of their fleet and work with Hitachi to deliver a new fleet of nuclear power plant. Our expertise in the design and build of waste treatment facilities, together with our experience of waste management and fuel-handling, makes us a key supplier at Sellafield and other NDA sites.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000 we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally and are trusted to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality, security and environmental protection for our customers.
We believe that this is strategically imperative to ensure the long term success of the nuclear sector in the UK and will greatly enhance our ability to export the broader UK nuclear industry capability.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|