Assistant Manager - Procurement & Supply Chain - NM London Regions
Advisory Management Consulting
Supply Chain & Procurement
Service Line Information
(COMPANY NAME) Overview
Joining (COMPANY NAME) means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at (COMPANY NAME); a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Our Supply Chain Operations ("SCO") team is seeking an experienced consultant and industry professional to join our National Markets ("NM") practice with the drive, determination and ability to work across multiple sectors and clients to deliver a range of exciting and challenging engagements. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients' commercial problems. Within National Markets we work with a wide range of companies in many different industries, delivering improvements in their procurement and supply chain capability and alignment to the wider business, which is integral to improving overall profitability. The SCO team work across the additional NM capabilities including Tech Enablement, People & Change, Customer & Digital, as well as our teams in Audit, Tax, Restructuring and Transactional Services.
No two client projects are identical, but the typical roles and responsibilities for an Assistant Manager include working as part of a team alongside the clients within complex commercial or transformational engagements. As this role relates to our team in the London segment of National Markets, the successful candidate will be based in one of (COMPANY NAME)'s London offices but will need to display a flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel/ work at other locations within the UK and internationally.
The key services are outlined below:
Cost and Cash Optimisation
- Analyse category spend and identify procurement cost reduction opportunities
- Delivering cost reduction across clients third party cost base, using both cost (including specification, price, consumption, policy controls and tail management reviews) and cash levers (including payables, order fulfilment and inventory), supported by technology solutions.
- Proven experience of major supplier contract audits/assessments across large portfolios of third party spend to identify value leakage.
- Enhancement of client contract management capability e.g. org, skills, KPIs, tools.
- Delivering contract compliance audits and value assurance solutions.
- Delivering inventory reduction / management programmes, optimising client's manufacturing footprint & distribution networks and delivering network rationalisation for our clients.
- Developing and implementing complex service related payment mechanisms, including payment by results models.
- Providing procurement and supply chain transformation covering processes, people and technology, to deliver improvements in operating model (inc. cost to serve), organisation structure, processes and underpinning technology, including embedding the cultural change.
- Evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services - including working in or delivering outsourced contracts.
- Developing optimal service delivery models.
- Producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
- Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and inventory analysis.
- Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
- Providing warehouse, fulfilment & delivery strategy diagnostics, along with the assessment of operations networks.
We are looking for someone with a strong Procurement background, as this will be the main focus of the work they will be doing - however, it will be advantageous if they also have broader Supply Chain experience.
Ideally you will have previous experience of consulting within procurement and or have a senior operational management background or similar role within procurement with skills developed across different markets and sectors such as retail, consumer goods, automotive, Telecommunication, 3PL etc.
You will be able to demonstrate a portfolio of past experience within a range of the following subject areas:
- Undertaking spend analysis, using a spend analysis solution
- Managing procurement projects across more than one spend categories (Typical Indirects such as ICT, FM, Marketing, Logistics, Corporate and/or Directs)
- Running e-auctions and e-sourcing projects
- Involvement in delivering complex and transformational programmes within procurement and/or supply chain
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain processes - including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, Purchase to Pay (P2P), demand and supply planning, warehousing, distribution, S&OP and IBP.
- Experience of assessing, designing or implementing procurement technology projects which digitise the supply chain such as Coupa, Ivalua, Waxdigital or Ariba
- Create logistics network & strategy development roadmaps for warehousing & transport operations
- Develop cost to serve analysis to identify opportunities to improve customer profitability
- Review inventory planning and working capital management
You will be a logical thinker and creative problem solver with excellent analytical skills and an ability to quickly grasp key concepts, constraints and enablers.
You will be able to demonstrate how you have developed and led the implementation of best practice. You will be able to demonstrate how you have managed operational and commercial relationships with clients/suppliers.
- Project management and delivery.
- Outstanding relationship development skills with client or business partners.
- Drive and resilience.
- Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis.
- Cost modelling and cash flow analysis.
- Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
- Excellent IT skills Report writing skills and presentation to 'C suite'
- Lean process development
- Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility
- Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
At (COMPANY NAME), your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
(COMPANY NAME) are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
(COMPANY NAME)'s commitment to diversity
(COMPANY NAME) consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the (COMPANY NAME) difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at (COMPANY NAME) by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
(COMPANY NAME) has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy