SALARY: Competitive with benefits
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Ensuring Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed in all areas, and be responsible for ensuring that all incidents are reported and analysed using the proper procedures and resultant actions are implemented. On occasion, the role holder will lead incident investigations in the Sourcing Unit when required and ensure that all learnings are cascaded across the factory.
Other responsibilities held by the individual include performing regular audits / safety walkabouts with Management and Leadership Teams, ensuring that all audit actions are completed. Providing support to Operational and Technical teams in carrying out Risk and COSHH assessments when requested, managing the assessment database and ensure all assessments are current, ensuring they are updated when within the renewal date.
Co-ordinate and facilitate Preliminary Hazard Assessments, advise on the implications of existing and forthcoming National and EU Safety and Environmental legislation on the (COMPANY NAME) Europe manufacturing sites and to recommend methods of implementation.
Key responsibilities are to manage any Safety incidents which occur on site, and assist in the effective reporting of safety and environmental performance. The role holder will also manage on the Company's behalf Employer Liability and Third Party insurance claims arising from Safety or Environmental incidents and ensure all ISO requirements are adhered to
* Technical - Autonomous Maintenance - The role holder will advise on any required risk assessments for AM activities that are not day to day.
* Effective Maintenance - The incumbent must co-ordinate with the Technical leader on all aspects of safety and advise on any required risk assessments for maintenance activities that are not day to day.
* Focused Improvement - The individual will co-ordinate the development of agreed annual OSHE improvement plans, goals and targets with Manufacturing Excellence Manager and other relevant site head of departments and ensure progress of annual OSHE improvement plan is reviewed regularly.
* EEM - The individual will participate in MP workshops as required.
* Safety - Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
* The incumbent will drive the WCM OSHE master plan, provide weekend call out cover as part of the OSHE group and ensure teams and individuals are empowered, skilled, motivated and committed to delivering business objectives and the continual development of people.
* The role holder is responsible for the communication and training of new safety systems, management of contractor safety including induction of new contractors and advising on Safety and Environmental protection aspects of all employee/contractor training programmes.
* The individual will ensure strong working relationships with OH department, organise personal dosimetry testing when required, organise dust mask face fit testing and ensure all personnel working on site has been trained to fit a dust mask properly. They will also provide training in specific health areas such as safe manual handing and support health initiatives on site.
* Workplace Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the tasks in your area.
* Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials. Responsible for the management of third party waste contractor including resolving day to day waste issues on site and any Environmental incidents which occur on site. They are responsible for the day to day management and driving forward of environmental KPI's and for engaging the workforce in the company environmental agenda. They should also have a depth of knowledge on COMAH legislation, due to the site being top tier COMAH.
* Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses. Lead Focused Improvement activities to ensure Key Performance Indicators are met.
* Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
* Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
* NEBOSH diploma
* Environmental qualification preferred (e.g. Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Auditor)
* Detailed knowledge of SHE Legalisation and their application to the Sourcing Unit
* Detailed knowledge of (COMPANY NAME) SHE guidelines and their application to the Sourcing Unit
* Fully trained and competent in carrying out Risk and COSHH Assessments
* Good knowledge of SOL and THA processes
* Competent in performing Accident analysis
* ISO Lead Auditor
* Significant manufacturing experience that provides the necessary technical and leadership experience to operate effectively in a World Class Manufacturing site; able build and motivate a large team, as well as coach it to success.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
* Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
(COMPANY NAME) is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at (COMPANY NAME) means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later