Please note the closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th September 2019
The Investment Project Advisor will work as part of a team of that is responsible for securing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) projects from clients, through the provision of investment
Your key Responsibilities
The Investment Services Team (IST) has to deliver annually agreed targets for investment in to the UK. Critical to achieving this objective is our ability to provide expert guidance for both potential and new FDI clients. The demands of our clients are varied, complex and challenging; however, through the interventions undertaken by the team, high value investments for the UK are secured and retained.
* Proactively manage an active caseload of FDI projects and complex investment projects, requiring sector specific knowledge that will deliver greater value to the UK economy.
* Act as the critical friend to the FDI client; where appropriate, challenging the client's market entry / expansion strategy / implementation plan, helping shape the operational plan to ensure a greater chance of success.
* Develop and deliver quality client specific proposals in line with UK First principles and client requests for information,
* Presents the most compelling proposition to potential inward investors and positioning the UK's sector strengths, assets and capabilities effectively to these clients
* Coordinate and support inbound investor client visits; Review the aims and objectives for a FDI client visit, working in partnership with the client to plan and then execute the visit, ensuring it is successful.
* Provision of critical intelligence and connections required by the FDI client. Delivered through compelling client proposals (quality controlled by the Head of the Sector), more informally through emails / client meetings and referrals to key intermediaries.
* Manage virtual project teams, bringing in local partners as required, ensuring that the overall information provided to a client is aligned with UK First Principles
* Ensure all new investors (supported by the DIT network) landing into England (excl. London) are provided with Aftercare support, signposting and referrals as required.
Knowledge acquisition to support investment
* Create and maintain a sector focused network at a national and local level, in order to meet the needs for the FDI client.
* Support the Head of the Sector and DIT HQ Sector Team, in producing insightful sector specific
strategies to inform plans and develop sector propositions to secure FDI wins.
* Work in partnership with the Research Team, to ensure sector specific UK First client materials are current and appropriate for the sector.
* Maintaining up-to-date and complete understanding of the global sector and within that of the UK's competitive position and offer in their sector of focus and inform other colleagues.
Skills and Attributes for success
* A comprehensive knowledge and network within the sector
* Confidence and credibility when dealing with multinational companies
* Create networks with local and national partners and look for extension opportunities to existing projects and relationships with clients
* Strong communication skills by actively questioning and listening in order to achieve a common understanding of complex issue. They will use appropriate tactics and techniques to send clear and convincing messages.
* Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
* Ability to work without close supervision - able to prioritise and multi-task
* Thinks clearly, stays focussed under extreme pressure and controls own emotions positively
* Good problem solving skills
* Shows initiative, tenacity and courage; strives to exceed expectations and deliver against objectives
* Is exemplary in demonstrating EY values.
* Minded and committed to promoting the 'UK First' mentality at all times
To qualify for the role you must have
* Holding a degree, preferably in Economic Development or related business discipline.
* Experience of working in a results-oriented, matrix managed environment
* Understanding of how organisations work in partnership to deliver joint outcomes
* Strong understanding of Local Partners involved in economic development
Significant experience in one or more of DIT's sectors:
Advanced Manufacturing (including Aerospace, Automotive, Performance Engineering, Materials and Chemicals)
ITEC (including ICT, software, electronics, security and creative & new media industries),
Healthcare and Life Sciences (including Pharmaceuticals and Medical Biotechnology, Healthcare, Food & Drink)
Infrastructure (including construction, energy, environment and water and transport & logistics),
Services (including education, finance, professional and business services and retail)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension plans, a minimum of 25 days of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
* Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
* An excellent team of accessible senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.