McLaren Automotive is growing from strength to strength, we are producing more cars than ever before, and it all comes down to the hard work and dedication of our employees. With unprecedented growth comes opportunity, this is a chance for you to join us and build upon your skills and experience enhancing and growing within your area of expertise and career with an iconic brand. You will be joining us at an exciting time, where you will be an integral part of our Track25 business plan.
You will be part of our business plan to launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles, expanding our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront, we invest heavily into our employee's development and this could be an exciting step within your career in a fast-paced growing team where there are possibilities of progression.
Reporting to the SQA Manager, responsible for all aspects of new product introduction and maintaining a stable quality level in series for supplied parts to McLaren road cars.
* Responsible for Purchased New Part Product Quality & Capacity for a specific area of the vehicle.
* Drive the assigned Suppliers to ensure components achieve/exceed the required quality level specified.
* Provide Concern investigation (8D) and resolution for Series production.
* Conduct New Product introduction & Process verification audits
* Drive the development of supplier processes at supplier locations.
* Support production preparation using the Supplier Capacity Verification process to ensure smooth production ramp-up and maintain stability in series production.
* Manage and control up front quality planning within the supply base through effective APQP deployment and monitoring.
* Manage and Control on time approval of production parts and processes (PPAP) for components.
* Implement and manage part and process improvement activities.
* Development and achievement of KPIs
* Provide Project status and Management reports as required.
* Track Supplier on time delivery of TS1xxx9 achievement plans.
* Create and Maintain Personal development and training plans.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Engineering/Automotive Degree or relevant experience.
* Experience of Automotive Quality/Manufacturing in OEM or tier one, including some new model and series experience in a QA related position
* Understand and have experience approving parts using PPAP
* Understands TS1xxx9 requirements.
* Experienced in project management reporting within an APQP or similar framework
* Experience of building close working relationships internally and with suppliers
* Experience of using problem solving techniques in a production environment (eg 8D, 5 Why)
* Understanding of lean techniques to support problem solving.
* IT literate (competent user of MS products e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Previous Catia V5 experience and working knowledge of GD&T
* Supervisory experience would also be an advantage
We are seeking a highly motivated team player, who can lead by example. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with people at all levels. You will be highly organised, and delivery focused, with a demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high-pressure environment.
You will need to have flexibility in terms of work patterns and travel. You must be capable of representing a world class automotive brand.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
* Salary: Competitive.
* A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
* Provision of a regular shuttle bus to and from Woking station at key commuting times.
* On-site subsidised restaurant.
* Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
* Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
* *Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
* *Auto enrolment on to the company's pension scheme.
* *Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
* Group activities forum which organise a range of activities from sporting competitions to museum visits and family events.
* *Travel incentives such as Ride to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
* Break out refreshment areas and a coffee bar with wi-fi facilities.
* The opportunity to become a member of the on-site McLaren Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
*Qualifying period applies
We recognise that to be as good at people as we are cars, we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application