Warehouse Coordinator - Muirkirk
GB, Muirkirk | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 3690
Vestas is a market leader in the renewable energy industry and we have a fantastic opportunity to play a key part of our highly successful service department. Every day is different and this will give you the possibility to make a real impact!
Sales Business Unit NCE > Service UK/Ireland > Region 1 UK > Technicians UK
Operating within the Northern & Central Europe business unit of (COMPANY NAME) A/S, Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd focuses exclusively on selling, constructing and operating onshore wind power plants in UK and Ireland. With offices in Warrington and Dublin, the Service Department looks after the servicing and maintenance of over 1,560 wind turbines in UK and Ireland.
Vestas Celtic Wind Technology Ltd is synonymous with professionalism, innovation and the capability of providing robust business solutions for our customers.
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within UK and Ireland. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
Working as part of an Area Team in Service, to support the Field Operations by managing and maintaining the service hubs to provide tooling support to the Technicians. To be responsible for hubs in the area.
Promoting best practice and driving site optimisation throughout area and region by working to the LEAN guidelines in place to support the operation in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Inventory management - tools, parts, availability, stock levels, transfer, consumables. Recording of said tools & equipment- usage, inspection, replacement, PAT testing, PPE etc. Ordering of various items such as nitrogen, work clothes.
* Responsible for safety procedures and display at service bases. Storage and disposal of waste according to regulations
* Preparation of parts / kits for planned work, including printing documentation, AWP's, etc, according to planned service orders
* Daily contact with Planners, Supervisors plus other departments as required (finance for example..). Also deliveries, couriers, coordination of transport/vehicle maintenance when required
* Usage and management of lifting equipment, e.g. handlift, forklift, hydraulic platform. Maintenance of the service base equipment, general maintenance and coordinate transport / vehicle maintenance in line with business processes
* Filing and SAP input appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as delivery notes, invoices, order numbers, receiving dates, shipping dates etc
* Manage quarantine area and return of DEF parts
* NCR creator and follow up with supply chain for feedback/resolutions
* You will come from a similar background within a warehouse or stock keeping role. A heavy industry similar to wind turbines may be an advantage, but we would expect you to be someone used to working in a complex and ever-changing environment
* Experienced with working in a larger organization, having exposure to a multi-cultural and international organisation would be ideal
* Skilled in Word, Excel and ideally SAP or other workload management system
* You will be experienced in communicating with a range of technical and non-technical staff local and remotely
* Full clean driving license
* Proactive, self-motivated and results focused. You are comfortable taking ownership and helping drive the team to success
* Strong customer focus, both internally and externally. Able to build and manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
* Detailed, analytical - having a very organised and methodical approach to work
* Able to work with multiple priorities, to establish the business urgency and manage accordingly
* Continuous drive for technical and performance improvements
* Display the Vestas Leadership competencies, Getting Ahead, Getting along, Getting things Done
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to join a fast-paced and diverse department, gaining some great knowledge and insight, but also helping to improve both yourself and the business.
You will be based in our Service Hub in Muirkirk and be responsible for providing a focal point for other hubs in the region such as: MacMerry, Gateshead and Lindale.
This position will require travel on a regular basis, in some instances nights away from home
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Recruiter Martin Whittle 0xxxx xxxxx0
You can apply online by clicking on the "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels