Purpose: To provide the support required to meet the business need for results in both production and planned and breakdown maintenance, ranging from hands-on work to operation of production equipment and administration through computerised systems.
* Required to work at Kennington Distillery on a weekday/weekend cover pattern. May on occasion be required to travel to Plymouth to support operations and to travel to other sites for training purposes.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Lead engineering compliance in Kennington.
* Perform all operational tasks required to produce and despatch high quality final product from raw materials to meet business requirement.
* Operation of stills and process equipment throughout all stages of the distillation process
* Evaluate GNS and gin distillate quality.
* Transfer gin distillate to Spirit Receive Vats and carry out and record accurate spirit account
* Prepare Gin and despatch by road tanker (compounding as required, sampling & tanker loading)
* Receipt and store raw materials (Botanicals and GNS)
* Liaise with Chivas and Third Party planning departments for timely deliveries of GNS and Gin, as required.
* Source and spot purchase transport for the collection and delivery of palletised goods as required.
* Operate boiler plant.
* Carry out mandatory compliance checks and maintain records.
* Complete production and maintenance documentation accurately.
* Operate company software systems, principally Spirit1, E1 & EAM.
* Perform fault finding analysis, fault rectification and testing to optimise plant performance.
* Appoint & monitor contractors to provide maintenance resource as required, in accordance with Company procedures.
* To manage other site techs and contractors in the absence of the Gin Operations Manager
* Carry out routine servicing, fault finding, repair, monitoring and testing of mechanical and electrical equipment across Distillery site.
* Carry out general site mechanical and electrical maintenance as required.
* Take instruction from and input records to computerised asset management system, prioritising, scheduling and implementing work in accordance with the schedule.
* Liaise with external suppliers and contractors.
* Carry out mandatory compliance checks and maintenance, keeping appropriate records
* Communicate pro-actively with line management to plan and co-ordinate maintenance and repair activities.
* Carry out general and mechanical maintenance tasks on all aspects of distillery site, including Visitors Centre, in accordance with Company procedures
Key Skills & Experience required:
* Recognised Trade Qualifications (Electrical and instrumentation, 18th Edition)
* Must be able to drive.
* Multi-skilling qualifications.
* Familiar with PC's and Windows driven software.
* Knowledge of Relevant Health & Safety legislation.
Key Skills & Experience desirable:
* COMPEX 01-04 and 05-06 qualification for working in hazardous areas
* Demonstrate capability to develop new skills in operating Personal Computer and PLC based systems to control, monitor, maintain, communicate and report on production operations to the required standard.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with others utilising various media
* Demonstrate ability to develop new skills and train others
* Understand and contribute to continuous improvement
* Understand and influence effective energy utilisation and costs
* Understand and reduce environmental impacts and carry out recycling of materials where appropriate
Closing Date - 1st November