(COMPANY NAME) is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world's rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We're hugely proud to be the world's leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That's more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 96 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, last summer (COMPANY NAME) listed on the London Stock Exchange and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We're driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we're always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It's this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes (COMPANY NAME) so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
(COMPANY NAME) is looking for a Spanish native tech savvy, creative translator and copywriter to join our localisation and content team.
We're looking for an experienced translation and communications specialist who is passionate about translating and writing to help us speak in our distinctive (COMPANY NAME) brand voice across all of our customer touch points. This highly-motivated, creative individual will also be responsible for our product and website translations, helping us increase customer engagement and retention through relevant content and community management.
Translation - An experienced translator with a deep understanding of the local nuances of your target language
Writing - A confident writer with a creative mind and an intuitive sense for marketing
Flexibility - Able to work in fast-moving environments while remaining focused and calm under tight deadlines. Your work is amazing, but not too precious or inflexible.
Communication - Can translate other people's ideas into copy and concepts
Precision - A vigilant individual who does not let typos slip through
Team Player - Able to work with a lot of people in a lot of different ways
Ambition - Driven by the opportunity to create work that surprises and delights but that is measurable
Social expertise - Experienced in creating social media content
· Translate our product content from English to your native language
· QA and check all new features and products for your target market in line with release cycles
· Use and help fine-tune existing translation memories, glossaries and style guides
· Develop and deliver creative marketing copy across brand, CRM, social, paid media, landing pages, app stores, product, corporate, etc.
· Translate engaging copy to support launch of product features and services across platforms and channels
· Collaborate with other copywriters
· Work with creative, product and marketing teams to help develop content that is both strategic and engaging
· Provide creative direction/input on English content.
· Help manage social media accounts:
· Populate content calendar, advise on relevant thematics for target market
· Write/adapt/post articles and social campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
· Sponsor social media posts when necessary and be able to track and measure efficiency
Knowledge & Experience
· Native Spanish speaker with excellent writing skills and a deep understanding of localisation for your target market
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· University degree in Translation, linguistics or language-related field
· Translation experience gained within transport, marketing, apps, websites and digital
· Extensive knowledge of CAT tools (Trados, Deja-Vu, Smartling etc)
· Some testing/QA experience required (ideally within apps)
· Creative/content writing experience, messaging strategy and engagement
· Social media management experience
· Solid understanding of copywriting and social media principles
· Expertise in editing and branding copy
· Strong understanding of how copy and design play off each other
· Basic understanding of writing for SEO/ability to write search enginge friendly content
· Interest in consumer technology, culture and trends
· Professional and reliable with a strong focus on detail and quality of work
We value open expression at (COMPANY NAME), we believe it's the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world