Job Description Summary
As a Field Engineer 2, you will perform preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, and repairs on our life-changing medical equipment for one or more modalities within a hospital or healthcare system.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
* Perform timely and accurate preventative maintenance, installations, and troubleshooting on medical equipment within a hospital or healthcare system to ensure optimal delivery of healthcare services to patients.
* Maintain relationships with customers and ensure timely communication, resolution and proper follow-up to drive customer satisfaction.
* Adhere to company policies, procedures, and hospital protocols, to ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are met; ensure documentation of all work performed is captured, including the ordering of parts.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
* Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
* Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
* Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch and squat, kneel and crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex and extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Ability to be available after-hours and/or work a rotating on-call schedule, including weekends.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership - always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you'd expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you'll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2022|