About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is a connected at-home boxing gym. With (COMPANY NAME), you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology - all from the comfort of your home. The key to a (COMPANY NAME) workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology - we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The (COMPANY NAME) iOS app holds over 1000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We've quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the ever-expanding in-home fitness market, with sales growing 30 times over the last two years. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We're committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for substantial growth.
(COMPANY NAME) (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
About the Role of Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager at (COMPANY NAME), you will be responsible for building and leading a team to improve our customer-facing API and backend services. Working on the engineering team, you will be responsible for the long-term strategy to expand the cloud features of our core API used by our mobile app and video production process.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the CTO, VP of Engineering, and Product Managers. You'll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do
* Lead hiring efforts with the VP of Engineering to grow the backend team at (COMPANY NAME)
* Lead technical decisions and define the direction of the server architecture and API to meet the product roadmap
* Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members
* Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor the team in these practices
* Collaborate with the Product Managers and the Mobile team to execute a roadmap
* Work closely with the mobile team to develop API features
* Improve overall team and engineering processes
* Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
* Communicate design decisions and tradeoffs effectively
* Contribute to company technological vision and long-term software strategy
* 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
* 8+ years of relevant software development experience.
* Demonstrable experience shipping several large-scale projects.
* Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team
* Experience with software and technology migration
* Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities
* Ability to identify the strength and weaknesses of individuals to maximize team effectiveness
* Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs, Typescript, Node.js, MySQL and NoSQL
* Experience with GraphQL APIs and serverless framework (Strongly preferred)
* Is confident and self-sufficient with AWS
* Has experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
* Can work cross-functionally to bring projects from idea to production
* Container knowledge (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Familiarity with building CI/CD pipelines using tools like CircleCI, TravisCI
Technologies You'll Be Exposed To
* Node.Js backend and microservice architecture
* AWS ecosystem
* MySQL, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB
* Serverless technology based on AWS Lambda
* Testing frameworks, i.e. Jest and Mocha
* Git and Git Submodules
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Free lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One day, monthly, dedicated to continuous learning/fun projects
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people's lives and well-being? At (COMPANY NAME), your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We're funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you'll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|