(COMPANY NAME)'s mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. We are the team behind Great Expectations, the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use Great Expectations to instrument, understand, and collaborate on their data and machine learning systems.
About the role
This is an exciting time at (COMPANY NAME). We have a dedicated community of data practitioners from around the world that include hungry startups, leaders in tech, and fortune 500 companies. Through scrappy growth tactics, we've been able to grow our slack community to 3,000 members. Now with the right resources, we are looking for that person who can help us grow the community exponentially and help bring our brand in front of every data practitioner.
As the first dedicated Community Manager of Great Expectations, you will have the opportunity to shape one of the fastest-growing data communities in the world. You will be an advocate for a strong, inclusive, values-driven community, as well as defining tactics, programs, and strategy to scale the Great Expectations community and brand.
We are looking for for someone who can:
* Foster and build relationships both in-person and online at scale
* Communicate effectively with data developers, with technical precision and authenticity
* Be a conduit between the company and the community, able to discover ways to serve both
* See the big picture and understand how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture
* Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders
* Represent (COMPANY NAME) in the developer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environmentAttend online and in-person events to speak about the Great Expectations product and communities
* Plan, organize, and run community events
* Run open source product demos and lead follow up conversations and Q&A
* Work with the Content Manager and Developer Advocate to produce community-driven content
* Become a specialist in the developer audience, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across the medium
* Work directly with open source contributors to review, refine, and merge contributions to the open source project
* Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
* Advise internal stakeholders on how to interact on our forums
* Collaborate with other teams to improve the forum experience
Why join (COMPANY NAME)?
Glad you asked!
* A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
* A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
* A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and-as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem-(COMPANY NAME) is right in the middle of it.
* A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
* A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Salt Lake City, New York, Michigan, North Carolina, Washington, Connecticut and other places. We'd love to add your town.
* And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
* Experience successfully growing a developer following (e.g. through a newsletter, strong twitter following, slack, discord or any other place where people can convene and share knowledge)
* Direct experience with data work in python, SQL, Spark, etc.
* Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
* Experience organizing, promoting, and facilitating events (webinars, Meetups, etc…)
* Experience with managing and scaling community programs
* Experience managing community forums
* Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
* Have data in your blood. The more curiosity you have about a wide variety of data from all walks of life, the better.
* Have technology in your heart, and a passion for continuous learning.
* Communicate well-in writing, in person, and on Slack or other forums.
* Commit to a culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team.
Stand Out Attributes
We expect everyone to bring good ideas and habits, so that they can contribute to a collective culture of best practices. The best candidate will have:
* Experience with Open Source communities
* Project Management experience
* You've trained and deployed machine learning models
* Knowledge of the latest data engineering trends
* Experience with growth hacking methodologies
* Social media experience
* Experience managing a content calendar
* Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with marketing and product teams to drive growth
(COMPANY NAME) Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 2x.xxx0, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|