We're seeking a talented and motivated full-time Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will work as part of the engineering team to:
* Develop the (COMPANY NAME) product, contributing to client code and backend services. The codebase is mostly Go, and we're seeking someone who has experience in and enjoys writing code in Go.
* Bring a special focus on developing the security aspects of the product, spanning (COMPANY NAME)'s client apps to backend, and encompassing both product and corporate security.
Because we're an early-stage and fully remote company, we're looking for a motivated individual who can help move the product forward. The ability to think on your feet, collaborate with highly technical teams, and comfort working asynchronously are essential.
Skillsets of interest:
We're looking for several clusters of security-related skills.
* Platform security: Build features into the (COMPANY NAME) client to better protect user keys, and verify the validity of an access request.
* TPMs and secure enclaves for storing credentials and ensuring a chain of trust
* Cryptographic protocols and digital signatures
* Endpoint health and posture checks (e.g., osquery), and interfacing with third party MDM products
* Cloud infrastructure security: (COMPANY NAME) users frequently deploy (COMPANY NAME) to servers in both physical on-prem devices as well as virtual machines running in the cloud.
* Cloud provider secrets storage for virtual machines
* Security group policies in AWS/Azure/GCP
* IaC and deployment tools, e.g., Terraform
* Familiarity with networking, including NAT and firewalls, is a plus.
* Experience with security for open-source projects is a plus.
* Experience implementing cryptographic protocols is a plus.
* Experience developing in Go, used for much of the system. Previous experience in #golang makes ramping up quicker
* Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
* Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
With the team, you'll succeed with these sorts of goals:
* Work as part of a team of engineers and designers to add features in the (COMPANY NAME) service
* Take a holistic view of the product, from customer needs to client applications to the admin console
(COMPANY NAME) is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
* Flexible (and reasonable) working hours-work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
* Competitive compensation, stock options and 401(k) (for United States-based employees)
* Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
* 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
* An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern timezone.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria - unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
About (COMPANY NAME)
The dream we're building is the Internet, but better. Small, private, secure, distributed networks that you can only join if you're invited. Real communities of real people, unbound from the limits of physical space, but interconnected with the wider world through a lens of mutual obligations, intentionality, and consent
|Posted on:||23 Jun 2022|