Danone North America Inc, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for an Operations Intern (Summer 2017) - Dannon Fort Worth, TX in the United States (US) for Fort Worth, TX.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
Are you passionate about learning in a manufacturing environment with high-speed, automated equipment? Are you seeking an internship that will provide you with the opportunity to work in an open culture with diverse talent? Do you desire the challenge to solve problems and lead projects for a growing company, all the while developing yourself as a leader? If yes, The Dannon Company, Inc. is the place for you to gain invaluable professional experience in one of our production facilities for the Summer 2017.
The Dannon Company, located just outside of downtown Fort Worth, has an Internship position available for Summer 2017 which will offer significant exposure to the operations of one of Dannon's world-class yogurt manufacturing facilities as well as the opportunity to lead a high impact project within operations: processing, packaging, maintenance, supply chain, etc.
This Internship will offer the opportunity to:
* Learn about the yogurt manufacturing process at Dannon Company
* Gain exposure to and experience in utilizing performance management and continuous improvement tools.
* Assist in improving process performance, equipment effectiveness, and worker autonomy.
* Lead a short-term, high-impact project within operations utilizing skills such as:
* Onboarding of new equipment
* Testing and execution of new innovation processes
* Elimination of waste or reducing sources of variation
* Conducting data analysis and communicating related results
* Cross-department communication and collaboration
The ideal candidate:
* Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering, food science, or relative technical program in Sophomore or Junior year
* Previous internship in manufacturing is a plus
* Has a natural curiosity to learn and challenge themselves and existing processes
* Communicates actively and transparently in a team environment
* Intrinsically motivated to succeed
* Possesses strong mechanical aptitude
-What does our summer internship include?
* Develop business acumen - work on real projects with direct impact on our business.
* Gain valuable experience with training and support from team members.
* Onboarding - as a summer intern, you will be invited to participate in a comprehensive orientation.
* Meet interns and coops from across the United States in a fun atmosphere while learning about Danone North America and our family of companies
* Network with executives and leadership
* Participate in group activities, including a community volunteer event!
* We've got you covered with swag! Gifts included, of course!
* Ongoing learning opportunities - participate in learning sessions designed to provide insight into current business initiatives
* Feedback - ongoing feedback from your supervisor and team members, including formal midpoint and final reviews
* Final presentation - share your contribution in a formal business presentation to your team and business leaders!
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit dxxxxx.xxm. Join us and Contribute To A Healthier World!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone's mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion