Descripción del puesto:
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, operates and maintains urban and interurban transport networks in 12 countries through more than 110 subsidiaries. Thanks to the professionalism of our 20,000 employees and the expertise of a world leader in public transport, our subsidiaries bring performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and to the travellers of their networks. The Group has ambitious plans for expansion, which offers bright and fresh thinking employees global career opportunities and professional development.
To produce and dynamically analyse data outputs from a variety of sources with the aim of improving service performance, service management and ultimately improving the financial position of the company through effective application of those analytics.
The Performance Data Analyst will produce, digest and process large data sets to identify where schedules and service management can be improved. They will work closely with the Performance / Commercial and Delivery Teams and scheduling team to ensure that the right schedule is produced and managed in the right way.
- To ensure that you are the epitome of the company values across the business;
- Understanding the quality targets required for each route by understanding the 'QIC period results/data report and any other reports produced by London United, to maintain exemplary on-road service performance in all areas;
- Producing and reporting on on-road performance of services;
- Working closely with the commercial / schedules team to fully understand the composite of the schedule;
- Supporting the production of data exclusion reports to TfL;
- Developing good communications with all internal stakeholders ensuring that teams are kept up to date with pertinent data;
- Devising and producing a report structure that meets the needs of Operations and Commercial departments from Director to First Line Employees.
- Fostering strong relationships with Service Delivery Teams & Performance Teams ensuring that data is produced with the end user in mind;
- Building and developing good relationships with external stakeholders, mainly TfL (iBus);
- Ensuring an understanding of and compliance with the company procedures for health and safety, specifically reporting accidents and any defective equipment;
- Prepare for and support internal and TfL audits;
- Investigate and analyse any spurious data that may cause inconsistencies in reporting and analysis;
- Liaising with various departments such as, Service Delivery, Commercial (Schedules Teams), Finance, Technical, Engineering, to provide insights into poor performance that directly supports the data.
- Based in London United, Busways House, Wellington Road, Twickenham TW2 5NX
- 12-month VIE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: Essential - (e); Desirable - (d)
- Dedication and commitment to fostering an ethos of continuous improvement and accountability; (e)
- Ability to analyse and deal with large volumes of numerical data; (e)
- A good knowledge of MS Office Suite; (e)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written); (e)
- High level of numerical comprehension; (e)
- Experience in compiling robust reports to the appropriate level of the recipient; (e)
- Good organisation skills with the ability to work under own initiative to challenging timescales; (e)
- Detailed knowledge of the RATP bus operation across London as well as some knowledge of other bus routes / operating areas; and/or (d)
- Knowledge of bus schedules appropriate to the duties being performed. (d)
Requerimientos del candidato/a:
Nb de poste à pourvoir :
Expérience souhaitée :
Niveau d'étude demandé :
bac+5 et plus
Domaines de compétences :
Informatique décisionnelle / Data science , Data extraction analyse