Descripción del puesto:
As part of the automation engineering group you will work in collaboration with the team in charge of developments of supervisory control systems for the gypsum and insulation activities of Saint-Gobain worldwide.
You will be responsible for working on the development and configuration of scada and historian systems for Gypsum plants and Insulation plants.
You will be located in East Leake, Loughborough, Leicestershire.
You will work on a project consisting in the development of an historian database and its user front-end.
The software tools that you will have to use will be Ignition (from Inductive automation) and/or Siemens WinCC. You will have to develop some scripts in python and/or VBScript. The application will be interfaced with Siemens PLCs and SQL databases. It will have to be developed for windows based office computers as well as for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
You will work in collaboration with a team of software engineers and process engineers.
Once the development phase is complete you will be required to deploy the application in several production units of the Saint-Gobain group.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer or Industrial Computer Scientist with Scada system programming skills : Siemens WinCC or Inductive Automation Ignition. Technical knowledge of several programming languages: C, VBScript, Python, Ladder for PLCs.
if you recognised yourself in the elements below, please apply !
* Results focus: Works towards achievement of project targets
* Anticipation: Anticipates predictable difficulties and acts to avoid them. Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of obstacles met along the way.
* Open mind & sensitivity towards differences: Able to work in other countries/cultures. Capable of communicating effectively with a variety of persons.
* Teamwork: Creates opportunities for cooperation and is in constant search of collective efficiency. Actively seeks others points of view.
* Adaptation: The candidate must be able to adapt and learn quickly, take initiative and work autonomously.
Please be aware that the VIE is a French government program open only to citizens of the European Economic Area* under 28 years of age.
For more information concerning the V.I.E. program please visit wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
*28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate