Descripción del puesto:
Requisition ID: 2xxxx5
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Part time or Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Converged Cloud Research and Development team is looking for a Developer (f/m/d) with experience or strong focus on IT operations and security. We are mainly working with Open Source software and tools and foster an agile culture in our team. The main responsibility is to drive the continuous improvement of our platform security. We are looking for a self-organized engineer who can design, implement, test and produce code and configuration changes based on reported findings. As platform experience grows there is the opportunity to identify and address new findings, improve our toolchain and establish pro-active countermeasures.
* Establish, document and maintain the pattern for classification, prioritization and progress reporting of security related activities in the team
* Derive actionable tasks to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and risks
* Jointly design and implement code and configuration improvements
* Collaborate with team internal stakeholders to coordinate activities
* Collaborate with other team stakeholders to assess new findings
* Create automated tests to verify resolution and prevent regression
* Evaluate and integrate Open Source tools to enhance the platform, e.g. static code analysis within GitHub, log anomaly detection
Experience (Role Requirements):
* Multiple years of experience in the IT industry, some experience with
* Cloud computing
* Multiple years of programming, some experience with Python
* Multiple years of experience with regards to IT security and secure programming, some experience with
* secure software architecture and design,
* black-box vulnerability testing,
* white-box code, configuration and log analysis,
* triaging of issues, and
* common patterns for remediation
About the team:
Converged Cloud is (COMPANY NAME)'s internal hyper-scaler platform adopted by multiple lines of business to provide Software-as-a-Service to external customers in multiple regions of the world. The Converged Cloud Research and Development team applies a combination of Open Source and commercial software to a variety of hardware vendors continuously enhancing and maturing our growing Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - Germany
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Software Engineer, Engineer, Cloud, Technology, Engineering