Descripción del puesto:
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, (COMPANY NAME) is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we're being led by the best in the space-our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We're looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
We are looking for strong engineers to help us build out an elastic, scalable, efficient, SQL-based, stream processing technology which operates both on-premises and in the Cloud. You can learn more about what we do by visiting ksqldb.io, or reading some of our recent posts on improving the availabilityguarantees of our distributed, stateful, systems.
What you will do:
* Our team solves a variety of problems, including but not limited to:
* Designing and implementing new stream processing operators, including making extensions to the SQL language to incorporate streaming concepts.
* Improving the performance, scalability, and elasticity of core stream processing technology like Kafka Streams.
* Designing solutions to improve the efficiency, reliability, and operability of our distributed, stateful, data processing systems in public clouds.
* Building novel solutions to enable efficient and scalable querying of state materialized from real time event streams.
* Interacting with the Apache Kafka and the ksqlDB communities to provide technical guidance and thought leadership in the stream processing space.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
* Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
* Experience building and operating large-scale systems
* Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
* A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
* Proficiency in Java or C/ C++
Additional highly desirable experience
* Experience in open-source development.
* Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
* Interest in evangelism (giving talks at tech conferences, writing blog posts evangelising Kafka)
* Experience working on stream processing technology or query processing systems
Come As You Are
At (COMPANY NAME), equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when (COMPANY NAME), Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees