Descripción del puesto:
You want to be part of the next step in the evolution of FREE NOW into a global player in the ride hailing industry and the establishment of FREE NOW's role in the future of autonomous vehicle platforms?
Data science teams at FREE NOW are solving key problems relating to urban transportation. The teams focus on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including demand prediction, surge pricing and other forecasting analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
As the Lead Data Scientist you will lead these initiatives while growing a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers who focus on building and deploying customer facing data products. In addition to challenging machine learning problems, you will also collaborate with the product and supporting data teams on various interesting topics, such as system performance, data infrastructure, ease of development, and data and customer insights.
* Manage and lead a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
* Lead our efforts to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
* Help the team to identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems and improve and productionize real-time data products
* Collaborate with other data and product teams to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data insight driven solutions
* Work closely with various stakeholders from Product, Tech, Business and Marketing Intelligence across Europe
* Report to the Head of Data Science in the definition of processes and models for a deep understanding of data in a growing variety of market environments leading to the projection of future developments
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
* Experience in leading and motivating teams in an agile environment
* University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
* Understanding of theory behind machine learning methods, and knowledge of best practices in their application
* Background in applying machine learning and statistics to build mission critical product components
* Practical skills in Python (Rust and Scala a plus)
* Fluent in business English
* Knowledge of the mobility market is a plus
About FREE NOW
The FREE NOW Group is the multi service mobility joint venture from Daimler and BMW. It consists of the services FREE NOW (9 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American markets and 1 European market), Kapten (3 European markets) and hive (3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 41 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. This makes the FREE NOW Group the biggest ride hailing provider in Europe and the fastest-growing in Latin America. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of the FREE NOW Group, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone