Descripción del puesto:
This position reports to Medical Affairs Manager [FRANCHISE] (COMPANY NAME) LATAM South
This is a field position, critical to establishing and maintaining excellent educational and research collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), other investigators (basic and clinical research) and key academic institutions to build outstanding biology of disease and pipeline awareness and advocacy.
* Responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining relationships with KOLs and other HCPs (nurse, pharmacist, etc) with the end goal of building advocacy leading to a strong franchise. Serves as a conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between KOLs, other investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group. Assures that scientific and product information is current, relevant and readily available.
* Acts as the primary clinical/scientific resource in the region for information pertaining to disease state and the company's pipeline to ensure awareness and understanding.
* Acts as a field-based conduit for the receipt of proposals and subsequent communications related to (COMPANY NAME) funded Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs). Assists with communications related to (COMPANY NAME) sponsored trials. MSLs may be involved with site initiation, communication & coordination functions and in providing clinical protocol expertise to Physician Investigators involved in post-marketing studies.
a. * Develop strong relationships with KOLs and local thought leaders, and key academic institutions and researchers.
* Partake in meaningful scientific discussions, about both the disease state and the scientific evidence available.
* Present clinical and relevant scientific information to healthcare professionals and organizations upon request or as appropriate.
b. * Facilitate and establish research opportunities between (COMPANY NAME) and research investigators.
* Identify opportunities for collaboration on clinical trials.
* Support and facilitate medical communications and publications (e.g. abstracts, case studies/series, articles, etc.) by acting as a liaison between investigators and (COMPANY NAME) Medical Affairs.
c. * Support colleagues with medical and scientific expertise, and provide local disease area and clinical science training as appropriate.
* Collaborate with commercial teams by demonstrating cooperative behaviour and attitude, willingness for open communications with commercial teams (where relevant and necessary, and in accordance with applicable internal and external guidance & guidelines) and helping colleagues' various initiatives.
* Collaborate with medical research and commercial team regarding clinical issues.
* Serve as key clinical resource to regional sales team and provide clinical education and training to cross-functional teams.
* Keeps current with published literature in their therapeutic area of specialization. 20 %
d. * Attend scientific/medical/professional meetings for educational purposes
* As required, attend and present at advisory boards, speaker training programs, consultancy meetings, etc., and provide scientific support at the Medical Affairs booth. 10 %
e. * Maintain compliance with internal and external SOPs, regulations and Codes.
* Reports information and activities per company policy and requirements.
* Maintain awareness and adhere to all company and regulatory agency guidelines regarding clinical investigation, dissemination of information and ethical conduct.
Experience with basic and clinical research, knowledge of relevant clinical and scientific institutions and teaching hospitals and universities.
* Able to drive in order to cover geography of territory.
* Must be able to perform duties typically associated with a normal office environment when not travelling.
* Knowledgeable in local regulatory, commercial and clinical issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry.
* Ability to work independently.
* At least 2 years of relevant experience in industry, academic or clinical setting.
* Desirable to have some experience as a Medical Science Liaison.
* Have a critic understanding of basic and clinical research.
* Fluency in English.
MD (Neurology, Hematology/Hemotherapy or related therapeutic areas) or MSc, MBA or PhD (Neuroscience, Blood Science or Scientific Areas [Immunology, Molecular Biology or Human Genetic]) [COULD BE ADAPTED AS BACKGROUND REQUIRED FOR DIFFERENTS FRANCHISES]
Medical and/or scientific expertise in the field of neuroscience, hematology/hemotherapy, immunology, molecular biology, and/or human genetic.. [COULD BE ADAPTED AS BACKGROUND REQUIRED FOR DIFFERENTS FRANCHISES