Descripción del puesto:
We are currently looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team of data engineers in Barcelona. As a member of the Data team, you will join our journey to build state of the art data processing solutions for (COMPANY NAME), with emphasis on both volume, velocity and privacy. The data we collect from all (COMPANY NAME) sites around the world is essential to our business - including feeding marketplaces with low-latency ("realtime") updates, visitor insights analysis and targeted advertisement. We are solving exciting problems at scale, from gathering up to 900 million events per day worldwide while keeping users privacy and data security in mind.
You will be part of developing a modern data processing pipeline at scale for (COMPANY NAME) sites around the world, for a variety of purposes, such as classification, insights and understanding and modelling user behavior. As part of the global (COMPANY NAME) organization you will also have the opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with data scientists and engineers across (COMPANY NAME). We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in big data processing at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.
Join us to create an amazing data platform team.
* Invent: identify hidden areas of improvement in any process or system, including changing established rules and procedures
* Create: lead the creation of data processing services and exploration tools
* Protect: improve the reliability and availability of (COMPANY NAME) systems by gathering hard data, designing systems and creating or adapting code for increased service reliability and performance
* Survey: Implement monitoring solutions enabling production systems to be monitored 24/7
* Share: Share knowledge and provide expert advice to (COMPANY NAME) engineers as to how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs, fostering a mixed development and operations culture
* Engineer: Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise all sorts of technology solutions
* A degree in Computer Science or related branch
* Strong analytical / problem solving skills
* Experience working with the Cloud (any of AWS, GCP, Azure) and Linux based systems
* A good understanding of the best practices for developing software (version control, CI/CD, automation, peer-programming, documentation, testing, …)
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs (Scala preferably), and interested in learning more
* The desire to be constantly learning, and see the coming challenges as a great opportunity to keep growing
* Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools is a plus (Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
* Containerization (e.g. Docker, LXD, etc.) and K8s experience
* Experience with any AMQP technologies
* Domain driven development
* Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
Videos To Watch