Descripción del puesto:
Who we are
At (COMPANY NAME), we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Site Reliability teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They are processing, storing and monitoring through large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica).
The Data Engineer will be part of our Data Group. This group is in charge of hosting and producing the data for operations, reporting and machine learning purposes. We deliver can't-fail systems and services distributed across 9 data centers, spanning 3 continents and serving billions of Internet users. This includes the systems that host the data, the pipelines responsible of producing the core data and the tools to monitor and understand the data life cycle.
Challenges of this role
* Build optimal data pipelines that meet business owners needs and requirements
* Maintain the most critical data sets with high quality monitoring
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery
* Participate in building the long term vision on data governance problematic
What we're looking for
* You are comfortable with Java or Scala or a similar language
* Practical experience on data modelling and ETL
* Analytical mind - You like to question the information you have and understand the big picture and the real problems that should be solved
* Scalability - You like working with problems involving huge amounts of data, provide data insights, with good reliability practices
* Accountable - you have a real sense of ownership and feel responsible for the service your team provides to multiple clients
* Passionate - You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
* Team Oriented - You need to be a great team worker and a good communicator.
* Practical experience in writting Map/Reduce, Spark or Hive/Presto jobs
* Practical experience in writting SQL queries
* Experience performing root cause analysis to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
* Experience on Data Governance questions
Competitive compensation package
35+ annual holidays days
Discounted transport and sports activities
Personalized relocation package if moving from abroad
Catered lunch and breakfast
Maternity and paternity leave
Annual cross teams hackathon
2 conferences per year of your choice
Internal mobility programs
Tailored educational resources
Want to know more?
· What does it feel like to be part of something big? Get a snapshot
· Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check our Medium R&D blog
· Interested in discovering your (COMPANY NAME) community first? Let's meet
At (COMPANY NAME), we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over (COMPANY NAME). We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
(COMPANY NAME) collects your personal data for the purposes of managing (COMPANY NAME)'s recruitment related activities. Consequently, (COMPANY NAME) may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different (COMPANY NAME) entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent