Descripción del puesto:
Take care of petabytes of data to help local businesses grow
(COMPANY NAME)'s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through fast-growing small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we're positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of (COMPANY NAME).
As a global company that works with both local businesses and consumers, (COMPANY NAME) has a wealth of data, which is stored and processed on our ever-evolving data platform. As a Data Engineer, you will handle the full development life-cycle of (COMPANY NAME) data applications. By collaborating with data analysts, data scientists, product managers, and other data engineering teams, our Data Engineers avail significant data products for the business and enable consistently informed management decisions. You will build both batch and streaming data ingestion and metrics calculation processes, as well as design and develop storage and retrieval mechanisms for efficient reporting.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a significant impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
* Work with data, analytics experts and product managers to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
* Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical designs.
* Design, develop, and implement streaming and near-real time data pipelines that feed systems that are the operational backbone of our business.
* Executing unit tests and validating expected results; iterating until test conditions have passed
* Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
* Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting data pipelines.
* Keep tabs on the tools, techniques and components being used in the industry through research and apply this knowledge to the system(s) being developed.
* Mentoring junior engineers
* Hands-on experience with all aspects of designing, developing, testing and implementing low-latency big data pipelines
* Experience using a compiled programming language, preferably one that runs on the JVM (Java, Scala, etc..)
* Experience coding with streaming/micro-batch compute frameworks, preferably Spark/Scala
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
* Strong coding skills in at least one modern scripting language, preferably Python
* Experience working on MPP systems
* Experience using Lambda and Kappa architecture in a cloud environment (AWS, Google, Azure)
* Proven understanding of SDLC, software standard methodologies and development methodologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Experience working with big data tools such as - Hadoop, pig, hive, Hbase etc. a huge plus.
* Experience with data warehousing and star-schema (dimensional) data models and strong hands-on SQL knowledge
* Experience working with relational databases.
(COMPANY NAME) provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We're enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale-it's fundamental to our company's growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
(COMPANY NAME)'s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest (COMPANY NAME) news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real (COMPANY NAME) team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. (COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at gxxxxxx.xxm. If you have concerns related to (COMPANY NAME)'s equal employment opportunities, you may contact (COMPANY NAME)'s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint