Descripción del puesto:
You will be a part of our global legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve (COMPANY NAME)'s ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We're a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting (COMPANY NAME)'s core values and interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, and we're growing our team.
Specifically, we're looking for an EMEA Commercial Contracts Manager. Based out of Dublin, this role requires someone skilled at supporting multiple teams across a business with a wide variety of commercial contracts, who can also think strategically about how to scale our legal services in EMEA during a period of growth. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement and personal development. This role reports to (COMPANY NAME)'s Head of Legal based in San Francisco.
What you'll achieve
* Work closely with our in-house attorneys and legal operations team to manage the contract review process for a variety of commercial contracts, including NDAs, Order Forms, MSAs, statements of work, and data processing addendums.
* Maintain (COMPANY NAME)'s contract management system and implementation and enforcement of contract policies across EMEA.
* Provide guidance to cross-functional teams on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms and general contractual questions.
* Review requests to modify contracts, while working with internal business partners to negotiate terms and obtaining approvals for modifications as required.
* Draft and revise contract wording while assessing risk and providing recommendations to protect (COMPANY NAME)'s interests.
* Support the business, and legal team members on legal review for Request for Proposal (RFPs) and Security Questionnaires.
* Provide administrative support to in-house legal staff, including research, correspondence and record-keeping.
* Execute assigned projects as determined by the needs of the business and legal team.
* Assist with efforts to improve and coordinate continuing education, online resources and training programs for Asanas.
* Be a champion for a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
* Apply original, innovative thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems, or services and manage change to better service customer needs.
* Law degree
* Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland or the UK preferred
* 1 - 3 years of post-qualification experience
* Fluent in English, fluency in second language preferred
* Prior experience working in-house required
* Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally and preferably with sales and marketing teams
* Comfortable working with and around technology
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills.
* Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
(COMPANY NAME) helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on (COMPANY NAME), including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl's, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. (COMPANY NAME) has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor's and Inc.'s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, (COMPANY NAME) is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world's teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that (COMPANY NAME) upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team