Descripción del puesto:
Requisition ID: 2xxxx5
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
About the team - Global Cloud Services HANA Enterprise Cloud Operations, (COMPANY NAME) Product Engineering
GCS HEC Ops team is operating and continuously improving a consolidated platform enabling global delivery of the (COMPANY NAME)'s HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) service. Team is driving collaboration and coordination across various engineering and operations teams supporting delivery of the production service, fully focusing on Service Level Objectives of service stability, recoverability, change velocity and cost control.
With (COMPANY NAME) actively diversifying its core service delivery platforms, we are starting to build a new Azure Production Platform Operations & Engineering (PPOE) team that will be responsible for operations and continuous engineering improvements of the Microsoft Azure platform used to deliver (COMPANY NAME)'s HANA Enterprise Cloud service.
Associate Azure Platform Engineer will join the newly chartered HEC Azure PPOE team, helping to build and enable team's global capabilities, integrating it into HEC's overall operating model.
As the Associate Azure Platform Engineer in GCS HEC Ops team you will:
* Help build and enable the newly chartered GCS HEC Azure PPOE team, based on principles of Site Reliability and Production Infrastructure Engineering
* Contribute to continuous improvement and growth of the HEC Azure Platform and Operations performance and delivery capabilities, through relentless focus on service reliability, service restoration, change velocity and TCO (4 core service SLO's), in line with principles of Site Reliability Engineering
* Deliver the 24x7, follow-the-sun support for the production mission critical cloud service, collaborating with a broader cloud delivery organization and owning the HEC Azure Platform operations
* Contribute to complex and high-impact incident resolution and problem root cause analysis of the HEC's Microsoft Azure platform, closely collaborating with other service delivery teams
* Engage with Microsoft engineering and support organization to drive service uptime, restoration and continual improvements
* Ability to demonstrate drive and passion for technology and delivery of live, mission-critical, cloud-scale services
* Relentless lifelong learning mindset - readiness to invest into lifelong learning in both technology and operations domains, desire to pursue advanced technology certifications
* Fundamental knowledge of any of the hyperscalers' platforms (AWS, GCP, MS Azure) is an advantage
* Fundamental understanding of modern operations engineering principles and operating models (Site Reliability Engineering and Production Infrastructure Engineering) is an advantage
* Fundamental knowledge with any of the major cloud-native automation and templating technologies is a major advantage (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Jira, Python, Chef, Puppet etc.)
* English fluency, German fluency is an advantage
* University or vocational degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or Electrical engineering
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: ERP, Engineer, Electrical, (COMPANY NAME), Operations, Technology, Engineering