Descripción del puesto:
Reuters is looking for an enthusiastic graduate with experience in video journalism (or a related University degree) and strong written and spoken German and English to join our newsroom in Gdansk, Poland.
You will work closely with our global video teams in the UK, and Germany, delivering unbiased, real- time news coverage to more than 1,000 broadcasters and hundreds of digital outlets around the world. The successful candidate will work across our video products, including segments such as Sports and our client community desk. The position offers tremendous variety, ranging from planning and producing our coverage, to helping to manage our user community online.
We have a dynamic newsroom including pictures, text, data, and graphics journalists who collaborate to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. We are the first to know the news.
This is a full-time, desk-based role, that requires flexibility. You must be willing to work as part of a global 24/7 rotating shift system, including weekends and public holidays, with occasional night shifts. There will be some flexibility to work from home where appropriate for the role. Besides English and German, additional languages would be an advantage.
As a Graduate Video Producer you will:
* Work as part of our video team ensuring our scripts are fast, accurate, and unbiased
* Have a keen eye for visual storytelling and the ability to produce compelling video within tight deadlines
* Pitch fascinating story ideas that work for both broadcast and digital platforms
* Work as part of a global team covering events starting from the planning phase through to production work
* Action client queries quickly and efficiently
* Keep our clients updated with latest developments on breaking and developing stories.
* Work as a team with pictures, text, video and on-line colleagues to ensure integrated multimedia news coverage and production
To be our Graduate Video Producer, you will likely have:
* Excellent German and English, written and oral -- fluency in any other languages a plus
* A passion for breaking news
* Video editing and script writing skills
* Unflappable interpersonal and organizational skills even when under pressure
* A love for being part of a diverse, global team
* A desire to work with colleagues dedicated to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias
What's in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
* Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
* Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
* Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
* Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories.
NB: To be considered for this opportunity please ensure that you submit BOTH a CV and Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter should be addressed to "Whom It May Concern" and should detail your motivations for applying to the role.
About (COMPANY NAME)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At (COMPANY NAME), we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about (COMPANY NAME) can be found on https://(COMPANY NAME).com
|Origen:||Web de la compañía|
|Publicado:||21 Jul 2023|
|Sector:||Medios / Publicidad|