Descripción del puesto:
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of (COMPANY NAME)'s Fluids segment
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading a team of buyers to ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services for the business. You will establish and maintain an approved supplier pool, including the company's sub-contract requirements, as well holding responsibility for key business metrics such as Inventory Turns and Stock Accuracy. You will support the organisation's cost-effective management strategy and have a strong focus on continuous improvement.
While this role is focused on the Glasgow site, there is a requirement to work with other DPC teams to foster growth, alignment, and collaboration within the global setting.
Role Purpose / Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement truly world class sourcing and procurement practices to support the Glasgow Manufacturing site
* Drive an effective supplier management system that ensures approved suppliers are meeting performance targets, and implement improvement plan and actions if/ when required.
* Run regular re-negotiations in terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluations with suppliers taking corrective actions as required.
* Work with new and existing suppliers to identify, analyse and realise continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
* Develop the order management process, utilising different ordering parameters for both internal and external supply to improve on working efficiencies.
* Support production requirements on all sub contract work. Develop and maintain a listing of approved suppliers for consumable and sub contract work.
* Use appropriate costing procedures and process to maintain competitiveness. Communicate those procedures and policies to the business to ensure compliance.
* Reduce the overall purchasing costs relative to prices quoted and price paid using appropriate sourcing of goods/ services, strong negotiation skills, cross departmental collaboration and cross location purchasing opportunities.
* Provide necessary reports to management team and Finance to address costing issues.
Continuous Process Improvement
* Manage and continuously review documented procedures to ensure they are accurate and up to date and meet the business requirements.
* Study benchmark operations and select methods that bring step-change improvements. Once identified create business justifications to management team
* Participate in internal/ external audits to ensure compliance with all purchasing policies.
* Strive to create a legacy by improving current processes and practices within the purchasing function.
* Maintain a positive and motivated working environment for your team and across your peers
* Nurture a high-performance culture throughout the workforce, dedicated to achieving stretched results
* Support employee development through identification of skills gaps and future requirements, promote multi skilling.
* Prioritise and allocate workload within the team, setting goals and objectives for team members
* Plan, track, analyse and monitor KPIs for the team and day to day activities as well as longer term objectives
* Provide feedback and support through regular and effective recorded one to ones, annual appraisals, performance reviews
* Be an approachable first point of contact for, and manage, all performance, attendance, disciplinary and welfare issues within which might arise within the team
* Contribute fully as a senior member of the Glasgow management team
* Drive improvements and maintain all Purchasing aspects of the Dover Operational Excellence model
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of managing teams
* Ability to adapt to and implement new working methods
* Previous experience in process improvement using system to drive gains.
* Relevant experience in a purchasing role within an engineering environment
* Working experience in an international result driven organisation is preferred
* Good communication skills with an ability to deal with people at all levels. (shop floor - senior management)
* Experience in dealing with global suppliers
* Relevant qualification such as HNC/HND and CIPS Level 3 desirable
* Advanced IT skills in MS Office, Outlook etc.
* ERP system experience essential (SAP, Oracle, Infor.)
Reasonable adjustments will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this role