Descripción del puesto:
Who are we ?
Graham are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2xxx-xxx9)
We're looking for a Transport Allocator to efficiently coordinate and allocate to branches the day to day distribution of the areas delivered sales orders in a timely and cost efficient way, whilst managing associated administrative tasks to enable transport operations in a legal and safe manner, operating at both a hub and wider Family branch team. In everything we do, we aim to provide a personalised, knowledgeable and trustworthy service - efficiently helping both trades' people and the general public in achieving their goals. For you, that means a fantastic work ethic, a happy environment and a great team around you.
What you'll be doing as a Transport Allocator:
* Fulfilling customer orders in a timely fashion to deliver an excellent customer experience
* Realising full potential of all customer interactions and build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
* Following plans to continuously improve customer experience
* Understanding local market issues and communicate to Manager to support sales growth plans
* Deal promptly and professionally with telephone and email queries
* Facilitate good working relationships with departments and branches across the Family, area and SGBD
* Ensure efficient and cost effective allocation of branch orders, collections and transfers
* Ensure accurate data entry into spreadsheets and databases
* Analysis of missed order transfer opportunities
* Analysis of compiled data from standard reports within existing databases
* Assist the other families and hub Transport Managers to maximise vehicle and driver availability
* Enhance the Safety and Wellbeing culture and meet targets
* Complete stock-take activities
* Work with Cluster Inventory Controller and/or Area Inventory Manager on cluster stock movement and profile
What we're looking for in a Transport Allocator:
* Relevant market and product knowledge
* Relevance experience within the building industry and/or logistics background
* Minimum of 1 year experience in an administrative environment with a high throughput
* Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Strong regional geographic knowledge
* Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic attitude
* IT literate
* Able to create and maintain successful relationships
* Able to handle difficult situations and diffuse conflict
GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
Awareness of Transport legislation
We also offer some great benefits…
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
* A defined contribution pension scheme.
* 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
* Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
* A defined share purchasing scheme.
* As an employee with Graham, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
* Staff discounts and various other benefits.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate