Descripción del puesto:
Job Description :
To partner with the Shieldhall Site Director and leadership team to drive business performance through the provision of financial / commercial expertise and insights, whilst owning the delivery of the financial targets and an effective control environment.
The Shieldhall site is located in Glasgow and has 7 active production lines, producing a variety of sizes and variants. The site has an annual production volume of 22m cases and an annual cost base of c£28m.
The business partner should be connecting strategy with execution - meaning involvement with or driving major strategic or tactical initiatives such as cost savings or revenue optimization projects, including recommendations on resource allocation. Delivery of a robust governance and control environment and an effective risk management agenda for the area of the business being partnered. Bring financial rigour to decision making, projects and workstreams in support of Supply & Procurement. Including:
* Bring financial insights to target setting to ensure both short term and multi-year priorities are considered
* Ad hoc scenario-planning and sensitivity analysis of key performance drivers, including business cases, prescriptive analytics and projects which support the sustainability agenda.
* Identifying opportunities to strengthen profitability or reduce financial risk through value creation initiatives which reduce COGS and drive margin enhancement
* Support the AOP process through input on strategic target setting and through budget reviews with the FP&A team.
* Add benchmarking / best practice point / external Competitive Intelligence Investment appraisal / capex business case preparation Identify opportunities to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness in finance processes, leveraging standards, systems and data.
* Develop an engaging environment that allows finance professionals to develop themselves and their careers.
Key interactions - Internal
* Operating as a strategic partner and member of their respective business' leadership team, they provide decision support and insights to drive performance delivery
* Strong relationships across the operations and shared services to drive efficiency and effectiveness in all our core processes
* Educate the rest of the business, using data to drive behaviours / value
* Change champions to drive transformation
* Where appropriate relationships with global finance functions including Tax/ Treasury / Governance, Audit and Risk / FP&A
Key interactions - External
* External Service Providers - maintain high level supplier relationships
* At the negotiation table with key supplier relationships
* Audit firms and consulting partners
* Peer group companies
Critical Finance Capabilities
* Dynamic Value Creation - The ability to understand the levers to drive efficient growth & make the right business decision based on data, analysis and the
wider business context.
* Strategic thinking - The ability to demonstrate business acumen and think how the business/market could/should be dixxx6;erent in the future. The ability to utilise internal and external information to understand the operating environment and implications for the business. The ability to utilise the wider business perspective to understand the impact of strategic choices and resource allocation decisions across the value chain (from supply to point of sale).
* Risk Management - The ability to identify, capture and manage risks at appropriate levels.
* Process Transformation - a positive problem-solving mindset that champions the use of standard, simple, automated end to end processes, and respective controls.
* Accounting principles The ability to understand and implement technical accounting principles including group IFRS and local statutory requirements.
* Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships across the business.
Qualifications / experience
* Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA) with at least 2-3 years PQE
* Experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment and demonstrating commercial acumen
Worker Type :Regular
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date : 2xxx-xx-xx-x7:00