Descripción del puesto:
General Manager - Soho Works White City
Maternity Cover. Full time. Highly Competitive Salary.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
Soho Works is an international network of workspaces from Soho House & Co, designed and equipped to support a membership of individuals and businesses in the creative industries, soon to be across the globe.
At Soho House & Co. culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it's a private members' club, co-working space, hotel, spa or gym, each of our sites have a unique style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it's our people who make that happen.
See for yourself click the link below to watch how we work…
WHY WE STAY
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
* Soho House Membership
* Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
* Meal on shift
* Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
* Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites
Requerimientos del candidato/a:
We are seeking a General Manager for a maternity cover period to join our team at Soho House White City. Previous experience in a similar high-volume hospitality environment and basic food and beverage knowledge are a plus.
What will the role involve?...
* Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Soho Works site, its services, staff and users
* Day to day management of reception, café and support team - delegation of daily duties & ensuring checklists are completed & maintained
* Responsible for management of the booking system for meeting rooms and event spaces
* Assists with management of F&B
* Active member of the reception team - participates in all team duties as necessary
* Responsible for completion & distribution of weekly team rotas
* HR Representative for the site, responsible for all team holiday requests & training
* Responsible for monthly purchase & audit of all journals & magazines - ensuring variety
* Fully trained in all operational software. POSH / FACT / FOURTH/ KOUNTA
* Responsible for upkeep & stock control of workshop/library
* Maintain staff product knowledge and communication of any changes
* Feedback to Works Manager on operational systems and possible areas for improvement
* Helps with recruitment of new employees as required
* Deals with disciplinary issues and seeks advice from HR as required
* Ensuring upkeep of Soho Works standards
* Any ad-hoc duties as directed by venue General Manager
Only General Manager eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position