Descripción del puesto:
Principal Mechanical Architect
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Challenge yourself to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world's most innovative medical products, your contribution can range from early customer contacts and project definitions and concept creation to the ramp-up and sustaining of volume production.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
* You will be directly responsible for the architecture in projects, which have a long-term character, are complex, and are divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in software and electronic hardware designs.
* You will make principle choices for the system architecture with subsystems and interfaces. You are also responsible for the overall architecture, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods.
* You will be involved in long-term definition and development of hardware or software platforms; identifying products, subsystems, technology-, standards- and architecture opportunities and translates business strategy into deployable solutions, reference and platform architectures. Initiates and supervises the implementation and usage of the reference and platform architecture
* You will lead a team of architects and designers who are involved in the total project.
* You will be supporting our business partners via technical consultancy in e.g. projects, trouble shooting and workshops.
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services is unique in its system design approach which has led to many innovative solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for new clinical procedures and applications. Our teams support the Philips Healthcare businesses in bringing their innovations faster to market. We are active in Products/Equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working together in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
In this role you will support Philips businesses based in the US, and report directly into the Philips Innovation Services US Hub Site Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You will also report dotted-line into the Mechatronics Department based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands in order to benefit from being part of a much larger, similarly skilled and like-minded team. This role will sit in our brand new office at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location is our largest North American R&D innovation center.
For more information about Philips Innovation Services, please visit the following website:
We are looking for
* A Masters degree or PhD in either mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
* 10 + years of system architecture experience in multi-disciplinary systems within the Medical industry with focus on mechanical hardware engineering.
* Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing medical products to the market.
* Hands-on experience in mechanical engineering by making use of CAD systems. You designed e.g. Patient Tables, Medical Carts, respiratory ventilator systems, CT Gantries, MRi Magnets, precision equipment.
* Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO1xxx5, FDA).
* Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete architectural needs to project members.
* Experience in coaching (teams) of designers.
* Team player and strong communicator, while working as point of contact in proximity of our business partners with a global team.
* Ability to leverage a global team where you being responsible for the technical results.
* Strong customer focus, excellent communication skills and you are willing to travel (up to 50%).
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to this office.
In return, we offer you
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with the opportunity to expand your professional experience. In our competence areas we can offer you stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, Interesting variation, job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience - all within one company. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 8xx-xxx-xxx3, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)