Descripción del puesto:
Location: London, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At (COMPANY NAME) UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Job Title: Solution Architect (Biometric Systems) - all levels welcome to apply
Reporting to: Head of Solutions Architecture
Department: Gov. Platforms & Services
Location: Docklands London
SUMMARY OF ROLE
As a member of the Identify & Biometrics Systems (IBS) team for Government biometric solutions, you drive the architecture and/or overall design of our current and future solutions and guide the technological choices of our products. You serve as a product and biometric systems subject matter expert to engage (COMPANY NAME) cross functional teams and customers in developing and managing (technical) specifications to meet customers' business needs, both pre and post sales, through to system acceptance.
Please note we will consider junior candidates for this role, full support, coaching and training provided.
A week in the life of a Solution Architect
* You will develop and manage technical specifications for customer biometric solutions, in certain cases taking the role of Design Authority.
* You will assess the architectures and/or new technologies for our biometric products and participate in technological development
* You will participate in pre-sales activities, supporting sales/solution sales and solution management (as needed), on customer presentations, customer demonstrations, benchmarks and pilots, as well as technical reviews with strategic customers. You will also support maintenance of a product demonstration capability.
* You will ensure that the architectural and technological choices are consistent and applicable to one or several groups of products, covering both international and local issues
* You will develop and participate in the training activities associated with these architectures and technologies and transfer acquired knowledge/skills internally
* You will participate in the improvement and evolution of the tools and methods inherent to the field of endeavour
* You will monitor technology and are well informed about competing products
* You will support Solution Management by providing deeper subject matter expertise in the specification of complex biometric solutions and associated technical offer
* You may participate in standardization activities and the development of the products/solution
* You may guide the technological and/or architectural choices for development and may take part in guiding the development process
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* To succeed at this job, you have broad based experience of complex systems, software development and design, systems integration and large scale (high performance) systems architecture (ideally within the domain of biometrics/ABIS).
* You must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field/experience
* We would like someone in our team that has the following Technical experience and skills:-
Development Language and Technical Tools (where applicable):
* Previous experience as a developer in one or more programming languages and frameworks, e.g. Java, C++, J2EE, Spring, SQL, EJB…
* Understanding of 'Web', SOA and cloud Technologies (JSP/Servlet, HTML/XML, SOAP, RESTful, AMQP, Kubernetes etc.)
* Understanding of RDBMS technology (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, ODBC/JDBC etc.) and application Servers (Websphere, Tomcat…)
* Optionally hands-on technical skills for prototyping/proof of concept including ad-hoc scripting/coding (e.g. Java, Perl, bash) on multiple platforms (Windows and *nix).
Quality, Methodology and Tools:
* Software Development Life Cycle / Custom Development Life Cycle / DDQS
* System Architect
* Jira, DOORS
* TOGAF, UML, ERD, SysML, Zachman, Design and Architecture Patterns (e.g. microservices, containerisation)
* It would be desirable if you had the following skills/experience:
* Biometric technology (fingerprint, face, iris)
* Networks and Network security
* Mobile Platforms
* Requirements management
* Systems performance modelling
* Cryptography (Symmetric and asymmetric, PKI, protocols, …)
* IT Infrastructure - virtualisation, storage technologies
* Image processing (ICAO compliance, ...)
* Authentication/authorisation techniques and protocols
* Contract legal understanding
* Finance understanding
* Customer negotiation skills
* You need to have the following behavioural skills:
* Strong technical written and visual communication skills
* Ability to learn quickly new customer's processes and environments
* Presentation skills
* Customer oriented
* Team worker
* Ability to work under pressure
* Coordination skills
* Business oriented
* Creative intelligence
* Knowledge sharing
* We would like someone to join our team who is fluent in English and prepared to travel for short trips to international (COMPANY NAME) and Customer locations within EMEA.
* Ideally you will hold existing national security clearance or be able to gain clearance in line with the criteria.
* Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Company.
* Adherence to all the Company's procedures including regulatory, security and health and safety.
In line with (COMPANY NAME)' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now