Descripción del puesto:
At (COMPANY NAME), we're bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a graduate gameplay programmer in our newly formed UK Games Studio you will be helping us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform. You will contribute to defining the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences. Assist us in creating games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We're learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
This is an ideal role for candidates who are new to the games industry and looking to gain valuable experience in a professional studio, run by seasoned industry veterans. You should be open to new ideas and methodologies, keen to develop your skills in a production led environment, as well as being an individual who wants to be part of a diverse and creative team.
For a comprehensive overview of our UK Games Studio and graduate opportunities, please visit our briefing pack: http://bxx.xx/xxxxxxxxs
Areas for Impact
* You will work directly alongside and supported by the other gameplay programmers and assist in delivering releases and milestones.
* You will deliver gameplay features under the direction of programming leadership.
* We expect all members of our teams to self identify skills and abilities that they can learn in order to improve and bolster the team.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
* An understanding of the principles of Programming, Software Design, Game Development.
* Skills in one or more common programming languages, C, C++, C#
* Experience with a game engine such as Unity or, ideally, Unreal Engine 4.
* A passion for games and gaming.
* Able to understand and communicate when they require assistance or guidance from programming leadership.
* Willing to assist the programming team in achieving their goals.
* Curious and driven to learn new skills and abilities and never be afraid to ask questions.
While we think the above experience could be important, we're keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status